We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Haze ~ October 2009

Sunshine
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Haze ~ October 2009

Hi All

My family and I are visiting Cape Haze in October, can anyone tell me if this is a good time ? We are wondering if the weather will still be nice and will there still be plenty of things to do.

All advice/suggestions are very welcome.

Thank you

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,601 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Haze ~ October 2009

The Weather should be nice then. It can still be very hot if you go early in October- when are you going?

We go the last week, as our kids are out of school then. Last year, there was an early cold snap up and down the east coast so it was cooler that week than normal, but still nice.

There are plenty of things to do, and although it isn't 'in season' most things will be open. What sort of things do you like to do? There are many golf courses, fine beaches, fishing, baots to rent or baot tours to take. There are state parks, shopping and dining. Everything you wold expect, but still a quiet little corner of Florida- like FL used to be w/o the hustle and bustle of other built up areas.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Sunshine
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Haze ~ October 2009

Hi Amanax

We are planning on going around the 1st October. There are 6 of us my parents (one of whom is disabled - walks with sticks) an 18 & 16 yr old and myself & husband.

Having never travelled to the coast before (always did Orlando) we are open to all suggestions, although I do like to shop - very much !!

We are happy to do the beaches, boat trips etc things that will allow us to take it easy, we are not nightclubbers (ha ha).

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,601 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Haze ~ October 2009

Not a lot of nightclubs in this area, that's for sure.

There is shopping on Dearborn ST and in Port Charlotte. The mall there is OK, but for pizzaz you'll need to go to Sarasota. There are also the Ellenton Outlets just under an hour north on I75. Mirimar outlets, and other shopping in Ft myers is just over an hour south on I75. Also ncel shops along Venice Avenue in Venice, and at the beach there is a pier with a restaurant- Sharkey's. This is also go for disabled persons.

4 beaches n Manasota Key, the easiest for disabled would be the one at Englewood beach s there is a boardwalk. But the others are nicer. I also like the beaches at Gasparilla, but the water/current there can make swimming difficult. But great fro strolling and I like to eat at the South Beach grill overlooking the beach.

Boat or jet ski rentals plus boating tours from Beach Road englewood, and boat rentals at Stump Pass and Gasparilla Marinas.

Mentioned in this post
Port Charlotte
Port Charlotte
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Manasota Key Beach
Manasota Key Beach
838 Reviews
Englewood, FL
Englewood Beach
Englewood Beach
764 Reviews
Englewood, FL
Sunshine
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Haze ~ October 2009

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I will add your suggestions to the list and will give them a try

especially the restaurants.

Thanks again

5. Re: Cape Haze ~ October 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
More Englewood Topics