We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking on buying property in North Port or Englewood area.

Plymouth Mass
2 posts
Save Topic
Thinking on buying property in North Port or Englewood area.

I am a firefighter in Mass and I am thinking on buying property in North Port or the Englewood area. Alot of people from my home town live in Englewood and recomend the area. I have an opportunity to buy property in North Port though..what are the pros and cons? please help...thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,409 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking on buying property in North Port or Englewood area.

North port is closer to the shopping of PC, but a lot further from the beaches. This will affect your ability to rent it out for vacation rentals if you don't plan on using it full time at first and probably the resale value as well.

Have a look in Rotonda West and Jacaranda too.

Plymouth Mass
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking on buying property in North Port or Englewood area.

Thank you very much I will check it out.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking on buying property in North Port or Englewood area.

I would also recommend Englewood over North Port. Englewood has a much nicer small town feel to it. And has the benefit of being way closer to the beaches.

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
748 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking on buying property in North Port or Englewood area.

Like Amanx and Mustang Sally, I too would recommend Englewood over North Port. Take a look at all areas of Rotonda (Lakes and Heights also)and also South Gulf Cove. There are some great deals around at the moment. Believe it or not there is a brand new home by me just completed (i'm in the Lakes which is closest to Boca Grande and Gasparilla Island) - PM me if you want agents details.

Rosie

5. Re: Thinking on buying property in North Port or Englewood area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2009, 20:26
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations
More Englewood Topics