We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

I have just exchanged into the Englewood Beach & Yacht Club and wondered if anyone can tell me anything about it.

Also the surrounding area - any tips on best places to go/restaurants etc?

Thanks

Western Mass
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

Just curious - did you stay there yet? If so, how was it?

Thanks.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

No, haven't been there yet - going in November.

I found two reviews on the Timeshare Users' Group website - one very in depth on both the resort and the area -see www.tugbbs.com and join the members' section to gain access to the Resort Reviews Section.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

We visited Englewood last March and loved the area. There is a good restaurant just across the street from the public beach parking which I forgot the name.

Please do a review on Englewood Beach & Yacht Club when you return.

Have fun.

Anne

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

Thanks - am really looking forward to it.

Yes, I'll do a review on the Englewood Beach & Yacht Club when I return.

Karen (Jollyhols)

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

Karen, the restaurant is called the Lock & Key.

Anne

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

Hi

I've posted a review of the Englewood Beach & Yacht Club.

Re the Englewood Beach / Manesota Key area, we didn't like the area as much as Lido Key/Longboat Key area that we visited last year, but possibly we didn't make the most of it as we only stayed four days. The beaches are not quite as the Sarasota area beaches (darker sand, seaweed, sea less clear, narrower beaches - having said that there had been a lot of wind and rain there). The Lock & Key was closed during our stay, so I cannot review it. We did spend an evening at the White Elephant Pub where there was quite a good live band playing. Fortunately the beer prices were very good as our server was very pushy and kept trying to get us to order more drinks whilst our glasses were still half full. I started feeling awkward saying 'not just yet, thanks'!

Boca Grande and its lighthouse is worth a visit, though you cannot actually go into the lighthouse, just the museum and gift shop on the ground floor. You have to pay a toll to go over the bridge that accesses Boca Grande. There is a nice walk along the beach by the lighthouse but you cannot swim there because of the currents. The day we visited there were high winds and it had been raining, so it was quite an exhilarating walk!

I would be glad to answer any questions about the area if I am able.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

Jollyhols, sorry you didn't enjoy your stay in Englewood.

We plan on living there after retirement (13 years) so we are biased.

I look forward to reading your review of Englewood Beach & Yacht Club but it is not available yet. I hope it was OK for you. Weather can sure ruin a trip.

Thanks for your feedback.

Anne

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

Wow, I just read your review on tug. I think I'll go back to the Palm Manor if I need a rental in Englewood again.

The bed sounds terrible and I agree that will send you packing.

Hopefully you let them know so it can be addressed.

I still love Englewood, but I won't be looking to timeshare trade for there.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

Rather belatedly, I am sure Englewood will be a lovely place to retire. We did drive along Manesota Key and saw beautiful properties though they all looked out of our price range!

I felt rather guilty about the bad review of Englewood Beach & Yacht Club because the receptionists were so nice and friendly, but it was a truthful review nonetheless. I completed the review form for Interval International but no result as yet.

italy
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Englewood Beach & Yacht Club

sorry guys, just a quick question: How I can get to englewood cliff from nyc(manhattan)? bus, train, what else? thanks I really appreciate

Lorenzo

Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations
More Englewood Topics