We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North beach or hollywood

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
85 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
North beach or hollywood

Sorry in advance for long post & multiple info! Trip is planned for May 19-26th. The Sonesta or Bahia Mar resort vs. Riptide Hollywood? We have a full day and night in FL before departing to Key West! The Venice of America's sounds so nice but i love the thought of the dinner cruise that evening!! Should we spend the day at N. Beach or at Riptide and take uber to the Bahia Mar yacht center that evening. Hollywood beach sounds so retro/beachy type feel place something I think we would enjoy Never been have no idea what to expect! I'm not a high dollar girl so don't care for high end shopping...don't care anything about tourist shopping, etc..! The state park by the Sonesta resort looks very nice! My husband loves lots of wildlife, etc... Our last day before before departing home we will have a full day on N. Beach we will be staying at the B Ocean resort to see the mermaid show! But that's another day on North Beach! Any opinions greatly appreciated! Thanks...

1 reply
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North beach or hollywood

The Sonesta has a tiny pool, which may or may not bother you. Bahia Mar is at the southern end of the beach as is B Ocean. Bahia Mar doesn’t have a very good reputation. In my opinion Margaritaville has ruined Hollywood Beach.

Edited: 16 January 2018, 20:01
Reply to: North beach or hollywood
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted