We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset plaza West

Cranberry Township...
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Sunset plaza West

My husband and I are planning our first visit to the AMI area. Holmes beach area looks like something perfect for our layback, relaxed style of vacation. We are coming in July and looking for a beachfront l bedroom condo, with a pool, outdoor grill ( we like to eat in most of the time). We will have a car to get to places rather than be in the middle of a lot of action. So we prefer a more layback, quiet condo area to stay. We are considering one in Sunplaza West, on VBRO but no reviews. Has anyone any idea on the area, beach etc.

17 replies to this topic
Illinois
Level Contributor
589 posts
40 reviews
11. Re: Sunset plaza West

Glad you found something. Have a wonderful time, and please give us a trip report when it's all over!

Hamburg, Germany
2 posts
12. Re: Sunset plaza West

We stayed at Sum Plaza West in January, 2018. Unfortunately we had rats in the apartment. After the second one was trapped we were moved to another apartment in another development.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
203 reviews
13. Re: Sunset plaza West

Rats?!?!? I would have moved out of the entire property - and asked for my $$$$ back! :-(

Illinois
Level Contributor
589 posts
40 reviews
14. Re: Sunset plaza West

David, I’m so sorry for that awful experience! We were at an RV place last summer and saw something running on the ground. The manager said they were tree rats and they lived in the palm trees. I had never even thought about that in our years of visiting Florida, but perhaps it’s true.They need to stay outside, though!

Besides that, how was your visit and how did you enjoy the island?

Hamburg, Germany
2 posts
15. Re: Sunset plaza West

Otherwise a nice visit. The apartment was quite expensive but would have been fine if we had had no problems.

The rental agent has decided that the rats we either let in by us (the door was always closed and locked except when we or were coming or going) or carried in with our luggage. I am confident here were no rats in our luggage!

We have already rented an apartment on the island for next year- but not in the same building and not from that rental agency.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
203 reviews
16. Re: Sunset plaza West

Seriously!?!? I would have kicked that rental agent in the teeth if he had accused us of bringing the rats with us. Did you tell him that you didn't come from 14th Century Europe (with the "Black Death")?!? Wow - maybe we need to be "wary" of that agent in the future. :-(

So sorry you experienced this! It is definitely NOT typical of AMI!!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
282 reviews
17. Re: Sunset plaza West

We considered booking at Sun Plaza. I’m so glad we didn’t now. I’ve just read this to my husband and said if an agent said that to me I’d have wiped the floor with him/her! Your retort lbklover had me in stitches as it was echoing my thoughts. How horrible for you all David.

Reply to: Sunset plaza West
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holmes Beach
Recent Conversations
More Holmes Beach Topics