We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

considering retiring to Jensen Beach

Illinois
1 post
considering retiring to Jensen Beach

Hello,

My husband and I are considering purchasing a manufactured home in PineLake village, and retiring there. Could anyone tell me, how far this area is to the actual beach? Is it a safe community and how are the local restaurants. Thanks so much.

crystal river, fl
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: considering retiring to Jensen Beach

You are never far from the beach or the Indian River whether you are in Stuart, Port St. Lucie or Ft. Pierce/Vero Beach.

It is a low crime area and many sr. citizens live in the area.

Jensen Beach, Stuart and Ft. Pierce have wonderful restaurants, many waterfront and all have the old downtown building refurbished into cafes, artsy shops, delis, bakeries, vintage clothing stores, antique shops, just about anything you can think of. I live on the other coast of FL and my husband and I love this area so much that we hope to retire there, too. Much less congested, beaches are much prettier, less traffic and less taxes than the central gulf coast that we are from. Prices are less, too. Our first choice is Island Beach Resort Club on the beach (1BR condo) or Windmill Village.

Florida
Level Contributor
398 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: considering retiring to Jensen Beach

Jensen Beach is a great place to retire , you are not far from anything, Orlando is 2 hrs away and miami is 2 hours away, crime is very low and the fishing is fantastic, the mall is 2 miles and the beach is 2 miles , you have lots of restaurants within 2 miles also

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
236 reviews
3. Re: considering retiring to Jensen Beach

We just got back from Jensen Bch and I already miss that low stress Old Florida feel. I love the old bunglows and citrus colored houses. Not many annoying McMansions or gated communities. I hope it stays the same and never becomes a condo canyon.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,341 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: considering retiring to Jensen Beach

If you are still looking to retire in Jensen Beach, the prices are WAY down and it is a terrific time to get a good deal here!

nj
1 post
5. Re: considering retiring to Jensen Beach

what about the fishing both offshore and inshore. what is the best time of year for each and what do you fish for. how far are the marinas and what town do you suggest looking for real estate as a start?

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,341 posts
51 reviews
6. Re: considering retiring to Jensen Beach

Offshore....world class sailfishing usually Dec, Jan, Feb and March. Dolphin, wahoo, kingfish etc. Good bottom fishing for mutton and other snapper and the "usual suspects" great deep dropping. In the rivers, snook, tarpon, redfish, various snapper,spanish mackerel, sheepshead etc. Good fishing around bridges year round. Shore fishing off Hutchinson Island pompano, blues, etc. Marinas at Port Salerno, Stuart, Jensen and Ft Pierce. As for Real Estate, pm me w/ questions. Great Place to live!

Connecticut
4 posts
7. Re: considering retiring to Jensen Beach

I am thinking of using our timeshare and going to Vistana Beach in August. It would be my husband and our three kids, age 16 20 and 22. Would they be bored with just the beach? What else is there to do in the area? They usually enjoy going to amusement parks and love roller coasters. Any suggestions would be appreciated before I book this. Thanks!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,341 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: considering retiring to Jensen Beach

If the beach does not appeal to your family then this is not the place for you. Thankfully we have no amusement parks or anything similar. Quiet town with laid back atmosphere. Lovely beach for sunning, swimming and fishing. Very good small restaurants and no hype. If you want the parks you should look at the Orlando area or even Daytona.

9. Re: considering retiring to Jensen Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2010, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Jensen Beach