We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Bar

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sports Bar

Is there a sports bar close to the Vistana Beach Resort where we might be able to watch the Steelers game at 1:00 on Sunday, October 11? We've been able to find a Steelers bar almost everywhere we've gone and are hopeful there's one there, too!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
914 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports Bar

I think Caps Island Grill is just what you're looking for. It's about 1/4 mile from the Vistana (you could walk there), right across from the Courtyard Marriott at then end of a small shopping center.

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports Bar

Thanks! Walking sounds good, too. Now if we can just get nice sunny weather to do it in!

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports Bar

Thanks for recommending CAPS. We not only watched the game, but ate there three times. Great little place with nice owners who go out of their way to make the customers happy. Great hamburgers, french fries and tuna salad sandwiches!

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports Bar

By the way...we didn't walk. It was a little too far with 90+ temperatures! We got what we asked for...sunny weather!!!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
914 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports Bar

We thought the food was good, too. Glad you enjoyed. And yes, I noticed that it was HOT down there the past week or so. Take care!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports Bar

sewmuch....glad you enjoyed your trip! It was a bit Too Hot for us last week. Today it was 59!!! A bit chilly but welcomed by those of us who suffered through Sept/Oct with record breaking 90s! Did you get up to the Greenmarket or Dancin In the Street??

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports Bar

Obxpat...Thank you, too, for all your help and advice. We didn't make it to many of the restaurants off the island. For some reason, maybe the heat, we were never terribly hungry and were eating at strange times. As I said before we ate at CAPS, Surfside Grille for pizza and the Copacabana one night for music. We did go to Conchy Joe's, Dena's for breakfast and Mulligans during Jammin in Jensen. All were good and we would go back. I knew there was something I wanted to do on Saturday, but forgot about the Green Market. We ended up at the Flea Market in Stuart instead because my husband needed a fishing rod. Dancing in the Streets sounded like fun, but my husband opted to fish at the bridge while I read a book. We loved our condo (Vistana) overlooking the beach and ocean and everyone we met was so friendly and helpful. If it weren't for the distance and/or hassle of flying we would return there in a minute. As one waitress told us...she lives in paradise. We agree whole heartedly!

Mentioned in this post
Surfside Beach
Surfside Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Stuart
Stuart
Florida
8. Re: Sports Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2010, 12:21
Get answers to your questions about Jensen Beach