We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from PBI to Jensen Beach

East Longmeadow, MA
5 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from PBI to Jensen Beach

Hi, we'll be visiting Jensen Beach Nov. 22 - 28th and are wondering about the most practical and inexpensive way to get from the airport to our little house. There is a car there for our use so we really don't want to have to rent one. We've had a guy pick us up in the past, but he charges $90 - $100 each way, so we're hoping for something may have that! Any suggestions, or is that the going rate? Thanks so much for your help!

Mentioned in this post
East Longmeadow, MA
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from PBI to Jensen Beach

TYPO: I meant to say, "we're hoping for something maybe half that!"

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from PBI to Jensen Beach

smartshuttle.com can get you from PBI to either Stuart or Pt St Lucie nearby. Super Shuttle is another possibility though I don't know their fare. I think any of the car services are $60+ and tip.

Mentioned in this post
Stuart
Stuart
Florida
East Longmeadow, MA
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from PBI to Jensen Beach

Thanks! Do you know if that is that per person? It will just be my daugher and I, so if it's for both of us, that's not bad. But if it's per person, then I may as well call the guy we've used in the past. Thanks!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from PBI to Jensen Beach

smartshuttleline.com is $81 rtrip from PBI to Stuart and to Ft Pierce. you would then have to take a taxi to the house. For $90 each way and two people plus taxi, seems the guy you have used before is much less hassle. Of course, you could rent a car from Enterprise at PBI and return it locally then have Enterprise pick you up at the end of the trip and return that car at PBI. Probably least expensive option. A bit more hassle though. May even be less to just rent a car for the whole trip even tho you techinically don't need it.

Mentioned in this post
Stuart
Stuart
Florida
East Longmeadow, MA
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from PBI to Jensen Beach

Thanks to all who gave me some feedback - our guy sounds like a good deal for $90 plus tip, door to door for the two of us. Thanks!

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from PBI to Jensen Beach

We just returned from a trip to Jensen Beach. We were able to rent a car at the PBI airport for $19+ a day from Enterprise through Hotwire. I don't know if you could pick a car up in WPB and return it to Jensen Beach or not. If so, it would be a great deal. I watched Hotwire closely and didn't rent until about 5 days before the trip. The prices go way down as you get closer to the date you're going. Good luck. We enjoyed our stay so much. The area was perfect for us.

Mentioned in this post
7. Re: Transportation from PBI to Jensen Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2010, 12:32
Get answers to your questions about Jensen Beach