We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jensen Beach Water

Richmond, VA
4 posts
Save Topic
Jensen Beach Water

I have never been as far south as Jensen Beach on the East coast of Florida. I was wondering what the water color is there. Is is a dark blue, is it clear, obviously not Caribbean blue, but is it getting close. Any advice would be helpful. Were taking my mother in law who has never seen anything south of Myrtle Beach.

Also, my wife turns 30 when were down there and I was hoping to find a nice relaxing time for her away from the kids for a few hours. Massage or spa on the beach or something, where I could treat her with her mom and sister to a few relaxing hours. I didn't find anything with a quick business search. Another option would be taking her to Miami for a night and leaving the kids with her mom.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,147 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jensen Beach Water

Nothing relaxing about Miami! Just walked the beach this morning in Jensen and the water is blue and clear! We are close to the Gulf Stream and that can be expected unless a storm is offshore. Nothing like the kind of "steel blue grey" of the Carolina waters. As for a spa, try Day of Delight in nearby Stuart on the River. Great place for massage, mani/pedi etc. They have a tea room type place right next door and offer wine, champagne, tea etc while having your "treatments". Very relaxing afternoon for the girls and good pkg prices as bus has been a bit down in the economy! I would call them and ask for a "deal". ;.) Lots of great restaurants. If you want a day at another nearby beach, Jupiter is about 1/2 hour south on US 1 and you can visit "Blowing Rocks" Preserve with some awesome teal colored water and enjoy lunch on the inlet overlooking the lighthouse.

Mentioned in this post
Jupiter
Jupiter
Florida
Richmond, VA
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jensen Beach Water

Thanks for your response Pat. Blowing Rocks Preserve looks like a nice place. definitely going to take a day trip. I'll look into that spa as well. Sounds like a relaxing day for the ladies. I noticed your screen name. This will be the first year I am taking a beach trip outside of the OBX in quite some time. I'm also taking a week to the OBX as well. Couldn't go a year without a Dune Burger and Sam and Omie's.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,147 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jensen Beach Water

If you like OBX beaches I think you'll like Hutchinson Island. The beach is wider than those in lots of Fl towns and sea oats are present most places. The little town of Jensen has some good casual restaurants. Conchy Joe's, Crawdaddy's, Dolphin Shrimp and Raw Bar...On the beach Shuckers is fun and up the beach toward Ft Pierce, Archie's has a great burger! It's been a while since I had a Dune Burger!

Mentioned in this post
Crawdaddy's
Crawdaddy's
811 Reviews
Jensen Beach, FL
4. Re: Jensen Beach Water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Jensen Beach