We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jensen Beach Questions

nashville
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Jensen Beach Questions

I finally have enough marriott points to take my family from minnesota to the beach!! Looks like my points go further at a courtyard by Marriott in Jensen Beach. It looks like it is right on the beach, so looks like our beach and pool needs will be met. Is there any place near by that has things to do like put put golf, water parks. Has anyone stayed in this hotel? or know someone who has?

here is the address from marriott.com

10978 S Ocean Drive Jensen Beach, FL 34957

Mentioned in this post
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,158 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jensen Beach Questions

Nice area. There is a good restaurant directly across the st, Cap's. Also a nice ice cream parlor and sandwich shop Strawberry's. In Stuart about 15 miles away on Kanner Hwy is a Family Fun Center with go carts, putt putt, arcade, driving range and all kinds of arcade type things. Sailfish Water Park in Stuart depending on when you are coming to town. Not sure what age group(s) you'll be. Lion Country Safari down in West Palm about 45 minutes away. Oceanographic Institute on Hutchinson Island about 15 min south is fun to visit. Jammin Jensen on Thursday nights in little downtown Jensen can be fun with craft booths, bands etc and if you have kids, Mulligan's there has face painting, kid's nite activities etc.

Mentioned in this post
Stuart
Stuart
Florida
Lion Country Safari
Lion Country Safari
1,594 Reviews
Loxahatchee, FL
Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jensen Beach Questions

You are going to love Jensen Beach. Across the street from Mulligan's is Jans which to me is the best breakfast in the area.

Obxpat has you set up great on this trip. There is a larger Water Park in West Palm but if the kids are small Sailfish will be fine.

We just had a ice cream at Strawberry's last week end, sooooo good.

As said, Thursday Night for Jammin in Jensen is wild, go to Mulligan's if you can find a seat. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Mentioned in this post
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,158 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jensen Beach Questions

We also like Jan's. They have great prices if you arrive for bfast before 9am. They say "small plates" but it is plenty of food! Their reg breakfasts are huge! We also like Aunt D's on the same road for breakfast and lunch. They serve both all day. bfast til close about 2. Diner style and great burgers too! It is in the same center with Winn Dixie Grocery store.

Any more ?s ask away! This forum is not one with a lot of info..yet ;- )

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jensen Beach Questions

Obxpat, thanks for the heads up on Aunt D's, we have been wanting to try it, thanks. Hubie

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,158 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jensen Beach Questions

Give it a try and post back what you think! Husband loves bfst, me not so much so it works well for us. They are very flexilble and friendly. Lots of regulars coming in to eat and also picking up takeout. Nothing fancy. I'm a fan of their grilled cheese and burgers! They also have old time favorites like hot turkey and hot roast beef sandwiches w/ gravy mashed pot etc.erc

Another bfast spot we have been enjoying is the Agaen Cafe out on 1. We had enjoyed it for lunch but recently discovered it for another good bfast spot!

Edited: 01 March 2013, 20:33
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jensen Beach Questions

What is the beach like there? Is it murky water or pretty clear most days?

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,158 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jensen Beach Questions

Well, we are 60 miles East of Grand Bahama with the Gulf Stream just offshore. Typically that keeps the Ocean Water a clear blue with good visibility. Right now with the Lake O fresh water releases coming into the river and then inlet, it can be murky depending on tides and winds. Hopefully that will stop in the next few weeks. If I were coming now I would choose to stay on Hutchinson Island N of Jensen Beach causeway.

Mentioned in this post
Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jensen Beach Questions

I know I'm coming in to this post rather late. I rate Jan's and Aunt D's equal for breakfast and lunch. Jans larger and easier to get a table, parking at D's a bit easier

9. Re: Jensen Beach Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2015, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Jensen Beach