We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby beaches.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Nearby beaches.

We have never been to Jensen Beach so we no nothing about the area. We are planning to fly into Ft. Lauderdale with our parents who will be going on to visit family in Jensen Beach. I'm not sure Jensen is somewhere my husband and I would enjoy. But we too will be visiting so I don't want to be too far from the area. Can anyone fill me in with some info on the area? Also, what nearby beaches would maybe be more resort like. We love the beach, good restaurants and just a little bit of nightlife. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,393 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearby beaches.

why would you chuck Jensen in the trashcan just because you've never been there? It's a really nice area.

visitflorida.com/en-us/…jensen-beach.html

http://www.jensenbeach.com/

http://video-monitoring.com/beachcams/jensen/

the third link is a webcam ON Jensen Beach, with a thermometer and wind-speed indicator. Not sure what's not to like about that!

Mentioned in this post
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearby beaches.

Not sure what you are looking for saying "resort like"?? What age group do you fit into? Jensen Beach is lovely. JB has a small downtown and is about 10-15 minutes from Stuart which is another small town. Lots of bars and restaurants. Google Terra Fermata for some entertainment options. Popular outdoor bar in Stuart. Dozens of great restaurants. Some we like in/near Jensen Beach....Conchy Joe's, Crawdaddy's, Dolphin Shrimp and Raw Bar, Pietro's, Shucker's, Wahoo's on the River, Boathouse, Spoto's, Carson's Tavern, Benihana's, Cap's....some will have live music, most will have Happy Hour. About 30-40 minutes South is Jupiter Beach and a few minutes S of that is Palm Beach Gardens where literally dozens of bars and restaurants line the popular PGA Blvd. Also home to Gardens Mall, Midtown at the Gardens, Downtown at the Gardens entertainment venues and more than enough to do.

Mentioned in this post
Stuart
Stuart
Florida
Crawdaddy's
Crawdaddy's
861 Reviews
Jensen Beach, FL
Shuckers on the Beach
Shuckers on the Beach
808 Reviews
Jensen Beach, FL
Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa
Jupiter Beach Resort...
944 Reviews
Jupiter, FL
Downtown At The Gardens
Downtown At The Gardens
97 Reviews
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Treasure Coast of...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,320 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearby beaches.

First thing you missed is it's called Jensen Beach, as in beach. Weather be in the 70s with nice sand running through your toes. You can watch the Pelagius swooping down catching fish, and just enjoy the great weather.

Of course if you like, you can stay home in the cold, the snow, the traffic, LOL. You will love Jensen Beach and will not want to leave.

For breakfast l would try Jan's, best breakfast in town. On Thursday night you can spend in Jensen Beach walking around looking at everything happening in town. Don't worry, you will have a great time.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearby beaches.

Thank you Hubie. We are looking forward to visiting Jensen Beach. I think I found a place to stay on Hutchinson called Island Resorts? Can you tell me anything about it, am I making a good choice. Thanks again for your help.

Mentioned in this post
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearby beaches.

It is an older building with condo//apt style set up right on a lovely beach. Shucker's bar and restaurant is on the first level and very popular with good food. Across the street in "Nettles Island Resort" is a great small restaurant we go to a lot called The Landing. There is a guard gate but you just tell them you are going to the restaurant and no problem. Not sure what time of year you are visiting? If you like outdoor markets about 1/2 hour N Ft Pierce has a fun Jazz Market on Saturday mornings. Everything from fresh citrus/oj, to produce, bakeries, guacomole makers, smoked fish vendors, organic foods, ethnic foods (greek, jamaican, italian..you name it). There is live music and a whole sep outdoor market across the st with art themed vendors. Fun way to spend a morning and if in Winter next door to the market is the Manatee observation Center. Several nice restaurants and bars along the Ft Pierce Inlet 10 or so miles N of your lodging. Several will offer live music.

Mentioned in this post
Shuckers on the Beach
Shuckers on the Beach
808 Reviews
Jensen Beach, FL
6. Re: Nearby beaches.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2016, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Jensen Beach