We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking during FF?

NE OHIO
Level Contributor
208 posts
Parking during FF?

Since we are staying at Hyatt Beach House I was wondering what the parking is like close to Old Town during Monday-Thursday. I know there will be nothing Friday & Saturday.

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
1. Re: Parking during FF?

The whole week is difficult. Get bikes and leave the car. Private car lots will be stupid expensive, like $30.

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: Parking during FF?

$30?! I saw many that were $50 last year. That might have been Friday and Sat though.

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Parking during FF?

If you do decide to drive the car into Old Town, do not park in any space labled Resident Parking Only. You will get a ticket.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Parking during FF?

I agree with KWT, rent bicycles. It's the best way to get around. There is ample parking for bikes, just remember to lock it when parked.

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
5. Re: Parking during FF?

I'm going to disagree. Take a cab.

Why?

There are 80,000 extra people in town. Most are drunk. The bike thieves will be out in droves. One stolen rental bike that you have to pay to replace will cover your cab fares for several days.

DO NOT drive into Old Town. Parking will be $50 and up if you can even find a place. Most are full after 10 AM. And your $50 does not include in/out privileges.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Parking during FF?

Good point, CBK. I forgot just how crazy it is during fantasy fest.

Key west, FL
Level Contributor
458 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Parking during FF?

If you must drive in, I do know that St Mary's will have parking (just a block and half off Duval Street) for a nominal donation.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
1 review
8. Re: Parking during FF?

BK typed the words right out of my keyboard... Take a cab!

NE OHIO
Level Contributor
208 posts
9. Re: Parking during FF?

Cabs are great but I was told on an earlier thread that they are hard to come by during FF.

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
10. Re: Parking during FF?

Ahem.....yes they are extremely hard to get, especially Fri and Sat. On Sat night you will not get a cab. The companies stop answering the phones Saturday because the street hails are overwhelming, and if a car does stop for you, it will have 12 people in it already. My guys hire a person to ride shotgun just to collect fare money and control the doors in the vans......the drivers are stressing just trying not to kill anyone on the street. It's mayhem. I'd rather take my chances on a bicycle, at least I have some wheels. I've been doing this almost 20 years.

Get answers to your questions about Key West