We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Adult Cruise

florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Adult Cruise

Hello,

Me and the hubby are going down to Key West this weekend. We would love to go on a sunset cruise that has some great music prefer reggae,R&B or Motown maybe some buffet. Would like to have a cruise that caters to an adult crowd. No kids this trip. We are 40 years young and would love your suggestions. Also any ideas on some great bars with dancing would be great !

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Adult Cruise

one of the companys does a clothing optional cruise. i'm guessing that would be adults only. but i don't remember the name of the ship. you could probably google it.

florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Adult Cruise

Not neccessarily clothing optional just more of a party charter instead of kid charter.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Adult Cruise

Check out Fury's 'commotion on the ocean':

furycat.com/key-west/sunset-sailing-music.htm

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,022 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Adult Cruise

If you can spend a little more time on the water, Fury also has a Rum & Reggae snorkel / sunseat sail combination...

furycat.com/key-west/attractions-combo.htm

These types of combo trips are a lot of fun because you get to go out when it is still completely sunny, you sail out to the reef, then have about an hour to snorkel. Afterwards the music starts, the drinks start, and you casually sail back to Key West as the sun sets.

For dancing, go to El Meson de Pepe on a small alleyway between Mallory Square and Front Street, just past Wall Street. They have a live Latin band and good, but expensive mojitos. You can have bottles of Negro Modello, instead.

Pjk

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Mallory Square
Mallory Square
11,961 Reviews
Key West, FL
florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Adult Cruise

these ideas sound great ! Thanks you guys !

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Adult Cruise

I don't think you can beat Danger Charter's wind and wine. A small schooner, low number of passengers, good selection adult beverages and munchies. Never saw a kid on one of these.

Your "wish I was sailing again" pal,

Davy

New York State
Level Contributor
62 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Adult Cruise

I agree with Davy Gam - the Wind & Wine Tour (www.dangercharters.com/wind_wine.htm) was fabulous! ...all wine-tasting adults who turn into "kids" by the end of the cruise! Ha, ha! If you look on this site you will find that Danger Charters is the #1 attraction in Key West! This is why we went - and I highly recommend it!

Mentioned in this post
Danger Charters
Danger Charters
4,193 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
392 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Adult Cruise

We did the Commotion on the Ocean and I would highly reccommend it. It's not solely adult only but alot of fun with good music (we're late 30's and we thought music was good). It was a great deal of fun!

KW

9. Re: Looking for Adult Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 13:21