We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flordia keys in November

Florida Keys
3 posts
Save Topic
flordia keys in November

We are going to the keys the 2nd week of November for a couple of days. If we go on a weekend will it be extremely busy and overcrowded? Should we go midweek instead?---What are our chances of waiting and getting a hotel once we are there?

Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
95 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
108 Reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
394 Reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flordia keys in November

November is not a crowded time of year and in fact it's beautiful. The weather is great the first half of November.

I would not wait to find a room until I got there. Make your reservation as soon as possable so you get one you like. Why wast time finding a room when you are in KW ?

Florida Keys
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flordia keys in November

Thanks alot, sure appreciate the info.

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flordia keys in November

we are going to kw November too we have booked into southernmost on the beach looks really nice

Annie

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flordia keys in November

annie1960, it is very nice.

Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flordia keys in November

November days in KW are quite beautiful, but the evenings can get a little cool, so you might want to take along a light jacket; nothing too heavy. I wouldn't wait to make a room reservation; too unpredictable. You might end up having to "settle" for something a little less desirable, which would definitely take away from the ambiance of the trip.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,948 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flordia keys in November

November is still slow season. You may be ok waiting on picking a hotel that time of year, except Thanksgiving week.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,184 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flordia keys in November

Don't forget Thanksgiving dinner at Pepe's over on Caroline Street. Every Thursday including Thanksgiving. There is about a 90 minute wait...AKA 3 Bloody Marys.

Pjk

Florida Keys
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: flordia keys in November

Thank you for all the great tips, I can't wait.

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: flordia keys in November

The paper is stuffed with Tgiving dinner offers in all price ranges. The big six (hotels) will have pricey dinners but the Mom and Pops will IMO have better food, value and service.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flordia keys in November

KWT, which hotels comprise the big 6?

gonna be there in November, too.

I know the average daytime temp is high 70s. How's the humidity? I'd love it if it was humid enough to feel 80s-ish, ie, warm enough to swim at the beach and in an unheated pool.