We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KW Bound Aug 28-Sept 2!

Gray, GA
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
KW Bound Aug 28-Sept 2!

We will be coming down to Key West Aug 28 thru Sept 2, and I cannot wait! My husband has never been to KW and I am so excited because I know he is going to love it! This is a combination anniversary/vacation trip (Sept 1 is our 1 year anniversary and with our work schedules we haven't taken a vacation since our honeymoon last year). How is the weather traditionally Labor Day weekend? Is KW usually crowded that weekend? The trip reports have great and given me so many ideas! We will be flying into MIA, have rented a convertible, and will be driving down. I'm really looking forward to that! With all of the info everyone has provided for stops along the way, we probably won't make into KW until that night! lol. I would like to go out on a fishing charter and read on one of the posts about going to Garrison Bight in the afternoon as the charters come in. Where is Garrison Bight? We will be staying at the Key West Harbor Inn. If anyone has recently gone on a fishing charter and really enjoyed it, I would appreciate any commments you have.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Key West Harbor Inn
Key West Harbor Inn
953 Reviews
Key West, FL
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
307 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KW Bound Aug 28-Sept 2!

The area between A, B, and D is Garrison Bight.

maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl

Labor Day weather:

tripadvisor.com/…3183251

Labor day activities:

tripadvisor.com/…12773855

HTH, have a great trip.

Whitby
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: KW Bound Aug 28-Sept 2!

Hi, first, happy anniversay. My husband and I are doing the same for his retirement. We are flying into Miami and heading down the Keys. What are you doing along the way? This is our first trip too so we are a little baffled.

Mentioned in this post
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
307 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KW Bound Aug 28-Sept 2!

Oops! my map link didn't work-maybe try this:

maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
307 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KW Bound Aug 28-Sept 2!

That one didn't either-just type in "Garrison Bight" after you click the link.

Hotsunshine there is soooooooooooo much to do in KW and the Keys. Try this: at the top of the forum topic, under the green thick line that says "Key West forum" on the right there is a box that says "search in key west forum ___________ then a "go" button. Type in anything you want to know more about: weather, things to do, traveling with teens, snorkeling, restaurants, where to stop along US 1 in the keys.... etc and it will list all the forum discussions relating to your search topic. It's a great source of info! You can also search at the very top left corner of the page for various topics as well. If you still don't find what you're looking for, of course please post a question!

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Key West
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KW Bound Aug 28-Sept 2!

Driving down from MIA is fun, but with such a short stay, you should consider flying all the way into Key West, if still possible. You may find yourself saying that you wish that you did, especially when you have to leave Key West very early to do that drive back up that will be even extra slow after a holiday weekend, and the way up or way down will be grid lock if there is one mishap on US1. If you continue with your plans to drive down and up, please post a review after your experience. Good luck! For fishing, check out the Lucky Fleet and Moe's Custom Charters. You can walk to those two boats from the Harbor Inn just 2 blocks away, in front of the Turtle Kraals.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Key West Harbor Inn
Key West Harbor Inn
953 Reviews
Key West, FL
columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KW Bound Aug 28-Sept 2!

Congratulations! My wife and I will also be there August 30- September 6, celebrating our 40th anniversary which is also September 1st.

7. Re: KW Bound Aug 28-Sept 2!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 00:19