We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

Michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

My husband and I are headed to KW for a wedding that I am in November 12-16. This is a last minute trip and funds are very tight, so what we are looking for is a decent place to stay without paying the big bucks. We'd like to be within walking distance to everything, and the wedding is at the Pier House. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Katie

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
153 Reviews
from US$63.00*
Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
142 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

Angelina Guest House is very reasonable and gets great reviews. The Best Western Hibiscus is also very nice and reasonably priced. Both are clean, serve free breakfasts and within walking distance to everything.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

Best Western Hibiscus, Blue Marlin Motel, Angelina Guest House are all in old town and decent places to stay.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
1 review
3. Re: Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

The Jasmine House is also very nice and quaint. http://www.keywestjasminehouse.com/

Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

Hands down and without question, Angelina Guest House.

Angelinaguesthouse.com

Best priced and cleanest B&B in Key West.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,428 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

Sounds like Angelina is the place-

but, if that doesn't work out - take a look at Key Lime Inn. We always have good luck there on price and clean rooms.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,428 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

oops, missed the Pier House part.

It's not close to Key Lime, but I have walked it....

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

Man the Angelina must love us=) But yes, Ditto on the Angelina... Really is a tremendous deal and when you take quality, location and atmosphere, it's extremely hard to beat.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,475 posts
120 reviews
8. Re: Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

The Angelina is one or two blocks off Duval then it's a six block walk to the Pier House, no problem in flats.

If you walk it, donb't go through the lobby. Walk "around" and in back of the pots which form fountains to your left at the end of Duval. Walk up the stairs through the gate which doesn't have a lock, then back down the stairs to the front of the Havana Docks. This will give you one of the best free views of the harbor. Then continue around to the wedding on the other side of the pier.

Pjk

Michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
9. Re: Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

Thanks so much for all the info. It's between Angelina House and The Key west bed and breakfast. They are the same price and both have shared baths, which is a little scary for me, but they've reassured me it's fine.

The KW B&B has excellent reviews on here, but everyone keeps talking the Angelina House up. Any recommendations to push me one way or the other?

Katie

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
74 reviews
10. Re: Inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip

Not to throw a monkey wrench into the works, but have you looked into places with efficiencies? Could save a lot by making your own meals. Dinig out is part of our usual KW experience, so I don't usually look for places with kitchens. If memory serves Rose Lane Villas were nicely equipted.

Your "let's make reservations" pal,

Davy