We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

Orlando, FL
3 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

I'm traveling with a large party and we are looking for restaurants that can easily accommodate a group of 15. Your suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
124 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
131 Reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
397 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

What type of place are you looking for? Do you have a budget? Are there children in the group? Here is a start but until we know those answers it will be difficult to suggest something that will be a good fit.

Michaels

Pisces

Abbodonza

Antonia's

A&B Lobster

Conch Republic

Blue Heaven

Commodore

Rooftop Cafe

Finnegans Wake

Mangoes

Nine One Five

Mentioned in this post
Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven
12,593 Reviews
Key West, FL
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,976 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

Two in particular have areas with picnic tables for larger groups; the Half-Shell Raw Bar and Turtle Kraals at the Key West Bight. The Half-Shell takes reservations, at least to the extent that you put your name in and they will tell you when the table is ready, so this might be a good idea for seafood. You could also take advantage of their happy hour.

Assuming four tales of four put close together, Alonzos, also at the Key West Bight, can accomodate four tables on their porch overlooking the harbor and, here, too, you could take advantage of happy hour with half-priced appitizes. And in town Blue Heaven could set aside two large tables, 8 and 7 people, if you got in touch with them and exlained what you needed.

hth

Pjk

Mentioned in this post
Half Shell Raw Bar
Half Shell Raw Bar
2,274 Reviews
Key West, FL
Turtle Kraals
Turtle Kraals
1,639 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven
12,593 Reviews
Key West, FL
Westwood, NJ
Level Contributor
993 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

Don't mean to dispute the experts who have responded already. I can't really tell you where to go for sure, but I can tell you where I would definitely stay away from- Conch Republic and Half Shell can accomodate, but the food is mediocre at best at both, and you'll never hear the person across the table from you, both places can be that noisy.

I guess if I had to pick between the two, I'd pick the half shell.

Most places in KW are tight fits.

PJK, how would you rate Island Dogs or Two Friends?

I've been to Two Friends Patio for lunch recently and I think I might give them a try for dinner, especially if you give them advanced warning. Food there was fresh, tasty and resonable.

To be honest, I found that on my last visit to KW which was in March, a lot of the "favorites" disappointed. The only place I returned to that still had it going on was El Siboney. But I wouldn't recommend it for 15.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
El Siboney Restaurant
El Siboney Restaurant
4,088 Reviews
Key West, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

Topics,

Not everything on my list is by any means my favorite, lol but I was just giving the OP a start with some places to look at.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,976 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

To be honest, Two friends serves great breakfast and I go there, then, every trip to Key West, but I have yet to try it for anything else. It always seems crowded when I pass there at dinnertime, but it is not on my list. This may seem unfair, but it's location doesn't appeal to me for dinner. It's on Front with alot of people passing buy, and I'd rather be at the Rooftop ot the Banana Cafe or Alonzo's. Unfair but there it is.

The food at Island Dogs doesn't impress me but I've only had one meal there, a shrimp dish that would be prepared better at several other locations. And no draft Key West Sunset ale. And again unfair, but I like the location here, outside, better than the location at Two Friends, right across the street. Go Figger.

If you like them, more power to you and I won't disagree because of a lack of expiriences. But except for Two Friends for breakfast, I'm not their #1 fan.

Fair enough?

Pjk

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Banana Cafe
Banana Cafe
3,323 Reviews
Key West, FL
Orlando, FL
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

Thanks for the input! For the price range, nothing too fancy. If anything, I don't think we'll be spending anymore than $16 on an entree. Preference to seafood, and cheap eats.

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

With that info I would suggest http://www.conchrepublicseafood.com/

Key West
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

Try Abbondanza Italian Restaurant. Big bang for your buck, great food, and they'll hold a table for 15, but after 20 min, it's gone. You'll have left-overs.

Abbondanzakeywest.com

Right next door is Camille's. Also great, diverse menue, a little more pricy but still a great value.

camilleskeywest.com

Don't forget to get the group out on the water and see the real Key West.

Mentioned in this post
Abbondanza Italian Restaurant
Abbondanza Italian...
1,048 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Key West
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

Try Abbondanza Italian Restaurant. Big bang for your buck, great food, and they'll hold a table for 15, but after 20 min, it's gone. You'll have left-overs.

Abbondanzakeywest.com

Right next door is Camille's. Also great, diverse menu, a little more pricey but still a great value.

camilleskeywest.com

Don't forget to get the group out on the water and see the real Key West.

Mentioned in this post
Abbondanza Italian Restaurant
Abbondanza Italian...
1,048 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,248 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants that can easily serve parties of 15

MOST restaurants can easily accomodate a party of 15. Unless they only have a capasity of 10, there is no reason a place shouldn't welcome a party of that size. (and that's not really a big party for a restaurant)

Think of how many they serve in a night, 15 isn't that bad. Give then a little heads up and it should be no worries wherever you choose.