We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

Fort Campbell Ky
1 post
Save Topic
3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

We are just bout done with our 15month deployment in Iraq and 3 of us are planning a vacation to Key West to just relax and party, but were hearing conflicting things about the party spots and where to stay!

please help!

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

First of all, thank you for your service!!!

You'll want to stay in Old Town so that everything will be within walking distance. Two places that are reasonably priced are the Best Western Hibiscus and the Southernmost Hotel. They're both on the quieter side of the island, but are only about a 20 minute walk from the gulf.

On the gulf are several big hotels, but prices jump for that water view. There are party places all over the island (which is just 2 by 4 miles). Many are on Duval Street but there are lots others, too. You will NOT have a problem finding a party!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,765 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

You will get a lot of suggestions for party spots on the land in Key West, but there is also a number of party spots *off* the island. Look at the Fury's Rum and Reggae snorkel / cruise.....

furycat.com/key-west/attractions-combo.htm

Pjk

Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
725 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

Definitely stay in "Old Town" to be near the party action. Duval St. is the main street but many great bars are on side streets or near Key West Bight. There are plenty of places to stay, and plenty of places to party. You can't go wrong.

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

Try La Concha. Its right on Duval Street (Key West's version of Bourbon Street) and very close to all of the party bars. Have a great time!

http://www.laconchakeywest.com/

http://www.seefloridaonline.com/duval/

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

Three soldiers on vacation in Key West looking for a party?

Why, Island House, of course!

Lewiston, Maine
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

~~First and foremost:

THANK YOU for your service!!!!!!

As far as where to stay depends on what

type of accomodations you prefer and what

you'd like to spend.

~Cheers to You!!!

^-^

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

Thanks for your service, GI's from the 101st Airborne in Ft. Campbell and welcome home! I know you will be on a budget and probably not looking to spend a lot for lodging. Let me recommend the Blue Marlin Motel and Best Western Hibiscus. Both are about a 20 minute hike to the party zone as they are at the quiet end of Duval. They are clean comfortable places that might fit your need very well. I'm assuming that B&B's are not your style on a trip like this. La Concha Hotel is right in the middle, but it is beaucoup bucks. Save your money for the party you deserve and hike to the party.

Odessa, FL
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

Hi Guys! From the Florida Chica's we say thank you for serving our country and fighting for our freedom! I am with a group of girls who will be staying down there this Labor Day weekend. Don't know when you all are planning to arrive. There are plenty of party spots to suit everyones taste. But we recommend hitting as many as you like and you'll know when you've found the place for you. If you're there around the time we are, we will be at the Hyatt Resort on Front St.

Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

Bless you for your dedicated service to our country, and welcome home!!!! Hopefully my son will be home in March of 2009.

Next to the Red Garter on Duval, and down the alley, is a little, outdoor-type military bar (Navy/Coast Guard, but of course, ALL are welcome!) that you might find of interest. Other than that, you will NOT have any problems finding a party spot. Doing the "Duval Crawl" is just part of the excitement! I also suspect that once the people around you discover that you have just completed a tour of duty in Iraq, you will probably not need much "beer money"!

Where ever you end up, you will have a wonderful time. Every bar is a party!!!!

LI
Level Contributor
646 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 guys looking for the party spot while on leave

Yep, Randi is right. Wear your screaming eagle T shirts and you can pretend your pockets are sewn shut. I'll be there in early Dec. Hope to thank you in person. BW Hibuscus is probably the least expensive and very livable.