We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

Coming Saturday to a restaurant near you. Playing locally from August 30- September 6. The saga continues.............yum!

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,221 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

I can't wait to read your next review! Any hints on what the highlights will be?

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

Can't wait!!!!

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

Hints........well, I have to admit its all planned out again, lol, although I know with the weather, I might have to be flexible. I wasn't originally going to plan it this time, but I realized if I did, I could go to all the places I couldn't fit in the last time and still return to a few of the favorites I made before. So since they were closed before, Blue Heaven, Banana Cafe, Croissants de France, and Rooftop Cafe will be added to the breakfast list. New dinners this time will be at A & B Lobster House, Azur, The Good Life, Michaels and Pisces. New lunch locations will be at Louie's Backyard, Hogfish and/ or the Shrimp Shack, Salsa Loca and Caroline's Cafe.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven
12,467 Reviews
Key West, FL
Banana Cafe
Banana Cafe
3,297 Reviews
Key West, FL
Louie's Backyard
Louie's Backyard
3,394 Reviews
Key West, FL
Hogfish Bar & Grill
Hogfish Bar & Grill
3,574 Reviews
Key West, FL
Caroline's Cafe
Caroline's Cafe
5,906 Reviews
Key West, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

lol, of course you had it all planned out! Sounds great so far! We just had dinner at Pisces this past Fri and it was wonderful as usual. I am a big fan of the Yellowtail Atocha there as well as The Lobster Tango Mango (signature dish). I can't wait to read the reports.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,386 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

Blue Heaven closes Sept. 2nd for the month. I loved your last report...looking forward to this one!

Limey

Mentioned in this post
Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven
12,467 Reviews
Key West, FL
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

If you go latish to the Banana Cafe for dinner you can almost have the place to yourselves and can sit either on the veranda out front if they haven't moved yet, or under an umbrella on the roof if they have. In any event keep your eyes peeled for the cat man.

Pjk

Mentioned in this post
Banana Cafe
Banana Cafe
3,297 Reviews
Key West, FL
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

KeyLimey says that Blue Heaven is closing for the month on September first. Anyone know when they open again? We'll be there in early October and want to have breakfast with the roosters again.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven
12,467 Reviews
Key West, FL
columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

They close Sept 1st every year for the month. We are going August 31st.

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

Sorry, that was wrong this year. They will be open Labor Day, September 1st and close the 2nd as previously reported.

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Key West Culinary Tour: The Sequel

yb,

Banana Cafe might not happen this trip but do try to get there. I was talking with Dani (owner) the other day and it looks like she will be out of the old location Sept 1st and then move into the new spot a few weeks from then. Of course there is a little give with all the dates but she is really eager to get into the new spot ASAP.

Mentioned in this post
Banana Cafe
Banana Cafe
3,297 Reviews
Key West, FL