We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping :)

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Shopping :)

Okay, with all of your help, I've got the lodging taken care of, several water activities booked, and a complex spreadsheet of reccommended restaurants and happy hours. Thank you all! My next mission is to find specialty shops and galleries that we should make sure to find. We will do our best to visit all retail establishments, but I'm afraid time will quickly get away from us. We love handmade or local items. Any recommendations on places we should seek out? Thank you!

Maywood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Shopping :)

Oh thats an awesome question. We are on a major budget but i may have to add some of the recommendations you are bound to get to my spreadsheet!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Shopping :)

By no means an all inclusive list, but the "shopping steps" section of Key West Steps is a reasonably good place to start: http://keyweststeps.com/?stepstops#6

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
114 reviews
3. Re: Shopping :)

For ladies' clothing and jewelry, I absolutely love Local Color and Commotion! You really cannot go wrong in those shops...

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Shopping :)

Thank you! Wanderlust sounds like it's right up my alley. Its made the top of my list, for sure! We always try and add to our art collection with each vacation we take. Clothes and jewelry are always nice too :)

Kansas City
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
5. Re: Shopping :)

Starting at the north end of Duval, walk as far as you can (all the way to the other end if you feel like it - a little over a mile) on one side of the street, then walk back on the other side of the street. Then walk the harbor walk in the bight. With that you will have seen most of the shops.

Brentwood...
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
60 reviews
6. Re: Shopping :)

Walking Duval can be tough, given your desire to avoid the chain retail stores. Some are high end... but hey, a chain's a chain.

Be sure to save some time for some fantasy shopping at the Mel Fisher Museum.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
12,498 posts
166 reviews
7. Re: Shopping :)

The Southern end of Duval (upper Duval) has nicer shops and galleries. Green Pinapple, across from La Te Da is fairly new and they have interesting items. They also have a wine and chocolate bar in the store called Lush, so you can take a break while shopping!

There are also interesting places off Duval such as Key Accents on Caroline or Besa me mucho on Petronia. Back on Duval, check out Fast Buck Freddie's, it is a Key West institution.

Pjk
Plainsboro, New...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,981 posts
121 reviews
8. Re: Shopping :)

7 Artists, right on Duval...

http://7artistskeywest.com/

Pjk

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
232 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: Shopping :)

"wine and chocolate bar"? I'm there!

I meant to ask this, so this looks like a good spot to do so...any resale shops in the area? I kinda like to go through those for bargains.

Maywood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
76 reviews
10. Re: Shopping :)

wine and chocolate bar...yummy! 7 artists looks awesome, might have to skimp on some drinks to afford anything in there on my budget...lol!