We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion between 2 specific places

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
210 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Opinion between 2 specific places

Hello,

There are 4 of us coming down in late July and we care the most about location and view. We are splitting our time between Lauderdale by the Sea and South Beach.

I'm torn between a 2 bedroom in the Nautilus building of the High Noon, it's a first floor or 2 rooms at the Windjammer. One is an oceanfront Studio on the 2nd floor and the other is a one bedroom oceanfront.

It would be better to all be together but I can't seem to find any pictures of the view of this place and it's not near the pool etc.

Any thoughts from people that know the area?

Thank you for any help

Mentioned in this post
Lauderdale by the Sea
Lauderdale by the Sea
Broward County, FL
South Beach
South Beach
17,362 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
High Noon Beach Resort
High Noon Beach Resort
404 Reviews
Lauderdale by the Sea, FL
Windjammer Resort
Windjammer Resort
577 Reviews
8 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinion between 2 specific places

Do you know what room number you would be reserving at High Noon? That would help in determining your view. I would opt for High Noon over Windjammer. I think overall it's a nicer and well maintained resort.

Mentioned in this post
High Noon Beach Resort
High Noon Beach Resort
404 Reviews
Windjammer Resort
Windjammer Resort
577 Reviews
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinion between 2 specific places

SunLuvr724

I believe it's #23, the first floor in the Nautilus building.

I can only find pics of the kitchen, not of the view or bedrooms. My son would have to sleep on the couch which isn't ideal but not a deal breaker.

Thanks for the help

Kent
Level Contributor
7,135 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinion between 2 specific places

High noon is a fab location and minutes walk to the bars and restaurants, you can’t get any nearer to the beach, pool area is really nice too Windjammer is the opposite side of the pier but don’t know how long it is to walk.

Mentioned in this post
Windjammer Resort
Windjammer Resort
577 Reviews
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinion between 2 specific places

FYI The front of the Nautilus building is right next to the garbage dumpster. There is another building in front of #23 so I don't know how obstructed the beach view will be. I found this google image which might help. #23 would be the building in the rear. https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x88d8fdf5b4bc0183%3A0x3a07613800f7eb85!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4s%2Fmaps%2Fplace%2Fhigh%2Bnoon%2Bbeach%2Bmap%2F%4026.1909162%2C-80.0955894%2C3a%2C75y%2C89.27h%2C90t%2Fdata%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211snWfskzuiq2ixS6-2P3td3A*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x88d8fdf5b4bc0183%3A0x3a07613800f7eb85!5shigh%20noon%20beach%20map%20-%20Google%20Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNnu47iALBKWWhJhhtlCavoW6KnkwIGdSNkr4U&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiYyNiEl8TbAhWUKH0KHUOPDowQpx8ItQEwCg

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinion between 2 specific places

After re-reading my post, I realized that I may have been a little confusing about building #23 when I mention the front of the building near the dumpster I am referring to the street side of the building. There is another building in front of #23 on the beach side of the building. Hope that makes sense. Sorry for the confusion. I used to have a very detailed room map of the resort, but for the life of me I couldn't find it, it listed which rooms are 1 bedrooms and their location. If they have another 1 bedroom available I would opt for that over #23, I don't think #23 is a prime spot for a good view.

Level Contributor
143 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinion between 2 specific places

We've only stayed at Windjammer and love it there because it is so clean and right on the beach. The view outside your door is nothing but beach and where the building ends, the sand on the beach starts. It is maybe a two minute walk to restaurants and shops. We've only had one bedroom suites but have a studio on the second floor this summer. Can't wait to enjoy the sunrise on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Windjammer Resort
Windjammer Resort
577 Reviews
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Opinion between 2 specific places

Thank you for all the help, still not sure what we will do but at least the location is great on both

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Opinion between 2 specific places

The entire area of LBTS is great. If you are open to other resorts I would also suggest Beachside Village Resort, although not on the sand, they are directly across the street. The owners are from MA, the resort has a Cape Cod feel. Thier El Mar Building rooms have a one bedroom room with a very nice sized kitchen that has an ocean front view. That room also has an adjoining hotel room, so if you reserve both it may meet your needs. I they also have a 2 bedroom options, but not sure of the view. I stayed in the room in the El Mar Building and I enjoyed it.

Mentioned in this post
Beachside Village Resort
Beachside Village Resort
777 Reviews
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Reply to: Opinion between 2 specific places
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea
More Lauderdale by the Sea Topics