We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help for day before and after our cruise

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
169 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Need help for day before and after our cruise

First off we are Spg/Marriott so prefer to use points in either a Sheraton or Marriott. Coming in on April 10 arriving in the evening. Staying at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown/Brickell Area because I figured we could walk to the Bayside Marketplace and spend the day (11th) just roaming that area. I'm pretty sure that it where we stayed several years ago, so hopefully that still works. Take an Uber to the ship on the 12th. I thought there was a bakery somewhere near there for breakfast?? Any help?

Coming back off the ship we are staying at the Townplace Suites Miami Airport and figured we would Uber there and they have a shuttle the next day to the airport. They do have a pool, but we like to do things. Is there any suggestions of what we could do from there that would'nt cost a lot and any is the area safe to walk around?

Please suggestions on either plan - restaurants, things to do, safety etc or even a Marriott or Sheraton that would be in a better location to walk etc. I tried the best I could to figure that out.

Thank you in advance.

Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
142 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
397 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Special Offer
Miami Everglades Airboat Adventure...
348 Reviews
from US$51.00*
US$58.00
2 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
169 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help for day before and after our cruise

It seems like someone might be able to help me?

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help for day before and after our cruise

Owin>

The plan before the cruise sounds good but maybe check out the Marriott Stanton, Courtyard or Pulse on South Beach for afterward.

The airport area is not so fun.

South Beach area is better for walking around, sightseeing and dining. If Stanton is not on your point plan, then the Pulse or Marriott on Washington Ave would be my second pick.

AG

Reply to: Need help for day before and after our cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted