We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking overnight in North Beach

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Parking overnight in North Beach

Can anyone advise on a public parking in North Beach (somewhere near 69th and Collins) where you can park overnight? I've already consulted the website of the City of Miami Beach but on all public parking lots I see time is limited to 10hrs. Also there don't appear to be any garages in the area (there seemed to be one on 67th but it has gone?).

I'm asking as my hotel charges a hefty $40+taxes per night and I'm looking for a more sensible option. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Collins Hotel
Collins Hotel
1,058 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
3 replies to this topic
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,552 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking overnight in North Beach

rutger>

Parking in North Beach is actually FREE 6pm until 8am at government run lots and on the street. Closest large format parking lot to your location would be along Collins at 72-73 Streets. Find a meter along the street near your hotel or park in the 72-73 Street parking lot. Do not park at the supermarket lot nor in any lot belonging to a business - they will tow the car.

North Beach Zone:

All metered parking north of 63 Street.

$1.00/hour on-street – maximum time limits vary

$1.00/hour off-street (lots) – maximum time limits vary

Enforcement Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Seven days per week.

NOTE -

1. All parking meters are marked with specific hours of enforcement. READ THEM CAREFULLY.

2. Leave NOTHING of value in your car as public lots have NO GUARD overnight.

3. Never park in a tow away zone. Many lots employ people who "spot" illegal cars and call immediately for tow trucks. They receive a fee for each car so you're sure to get towed.

If you zoom into a Google Map of your hotel area, you'll note side streets to the north and west with on-street parking. There is also a small public lot next to the City National Bank at Harding Avenue south of 71 Street (lots 83 & 84) that are a quick walk to your hotel.

My guide to this area is here -- www.tinyurl.com/BEACH-AG

AG

Mentioned in this post
Collins Hotel
Collins Hotel
1,058 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,552 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking overnight in North Beach

rutger>

If you want to be prepared for your visit, you can download the Miami Beach parking app so your parking can be done remotely.

At 8am, you can simply activate the parking app for your vehicle from the comfort of your hotel room and the parking charges are added to your credit card. All you need to do is note the 5 digit code for the place you park, enter the license plate for your vehicle onto the app site and the parking app does the rest. You can also get texts reminding you when the parking will expire.

Get the PARKMOBILE app and more info here - miamibeachfl.gov/city-hall/…

AG

Mentioned in this post
Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking overnight in North Beach

Thanks a lot! Reallu useful!!

Reply to: Parking overnight in North Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted