We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Where to stay

A friend and I will be visiting the area March 23rd for a long weekend. We're open to a hotel or a condo but definitely want a kitchen or kitchenette and definitely want to be on the beach. The budget is $200-250/night. I took a brief look on VRBO but there were SO many options under $250 I didn't even know where to begin. I will generally never book a VRBO unless it has several reviews.

Assuming it's recommended to go the VRBO route instead of a hotel, what areas and/or resorts should I avoid? I don't know the area well at all so any help is appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,723 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay

åmy>

You're visiting during Miami Music Week when most hotels and private rentals have already been booked!

Try airbnb and vrbo and zoom the map onto the beachfront area at the southern part of Miami Beach.

South Beach - 1-23 Streets

Mid-Beach 23-45 Streets

North Beach 45 - 73 Streets

If you are coming here to relax and enjoy the resort, you may do better (rates and availability) searching a more northern stretch of the coast away from the events and activities of South Beach. I logged onto vrbo briefly and found the FILTER "beachfront" and "Miami Beach" worked best.

If you hope to score a good room for a fair rate - book ASAP!!

AG

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay

Thanks for the response! What about Miami? We may want to be somewhere that is a little quieter and less crowded with this big music festival going on.

Reply to: Where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted