We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette Party Hotel Choice - Mar1-5

2 posts
Save Topic
Bachelorette Party Hotel Choice - Mar1-5

Hi TA Community! I am planning a trip to Miami for my best friend's bachelorette party and we are coming in with a large group (12). I have booked a few suites at the Grand Beach Miami Hotel but wondering if anyone would recommend something closer or if that is a solid choice! We are looking for a home base with a pool and beach access at a reasonable price but also close to nightlife. The other option we saw was the Hotel Riviera. Both options have larger rooms (sleeps 6) which would be ideal so we didn't need to get 3 standard hotel rooms and we could all get ready together.

I know my travel dates are next week so hoping to hear back on this quickly. I have heard mixed reviews of both and I want to feel confident in our decision before we head down there.

Let me know any expert advice!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Beach Hotel
Grand Beach Hotel
5,754 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach
COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach
#3 of 213 hotels in Miami Beach
Carillon Miami Wellness Resort
Carillon Miami Wellness Resort
#1 of 213 hotels in Miami Beach
The Setai
The Setai
#4 of 213 hotels in Miami Beach
3 replies to this topic
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette Party Hotel Choice - Mar1-5

Alex>

Which location of Grand Beach did you choose? Both Surfide and Mid-Beach offer oceanfront location and pools so that would work for your group, but you would need to travel south to access South Beach nightlife.

What sort of activities are you planning for the group?

With 12 people, your best bet is to book directly with bars and restaurants so you all get in as a group, have reserved seating and - if necessary - you can even plan a set menu so everyone pays the same amount per guest.

You may want to plan a group brunch at a restaurant with a set menu with an option for bottomless drinks with the meal for the girls who want to indulge in a bunch of rose or mimosas etc.

Give us an idea of your plans and we'll help you find fun.

AG

Mentioned in this post
Grand Beach Hotel
Grand Beach Hotel
5,754 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
South Beach
South Beach
17,244 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette Party Hotel Choice - Mar1-5

Itinerary so far is land Thursday - have a beach day then dinner at Nobu. Probably going out someplace like Rec Room for a little dancing. Friday is going to be a beach day then we have dinner reservations at Byblos. After we are going to the Hunkomania show downtown and then Rockwell after. Saturday we got on a list for the Hyde Beach pool party and then Story at night. Sunday is Nikki Beach and then Liv. and then beach day on Monday. Hopefully this gives you a little insight into what we are interested in! We are all friends from college - love to drink and party but also want a nice place to be able to recover and recharge on the beach/pool.

We all want to be able to get ready in the hotel together (again there are 12 of us) so I booked a 2 bedroom suite at the Grand Beach Miami (Mid- Beach) plus an additional Suite so fit us all. I have heard some mixed reviews and obviously it is WAY north of the main strip but not sure how much that will impact us. We want to be close and in the middle of the fun but also not spend $1000 for the weekend. Right now - the two rooms at the Grand beach come out to about $1089/night and we are staying Thursday-Monday which comes to about $380-525 per girl depending on how many nights everyone is staying for.

Do you think I should be confident in this? It's pretty pricey to be so far away. For example- we could get 2 rooms at the Hotel Riviera and it would be $100 lower per girl. Also - I want it to be a party spot vs. a family resort and again have heard mixed reviews.

Do you have any recommendations on other options? HELP PLEASE!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Nobu Hotel Miami Beach
Nobu Hotel Miami Beach
479 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Byblos
Byblos
399 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Hyde Beach
Hyde Beach
148 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Nikki Beach
Nikki Beach
858 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
LIV
LIV
788 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Grand Beach Hotel
Grand Beach Hotel
5,754 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette Party Hotel Choice - Mar1-5

WOW!

What a fun trip.

The location of the Grand Beach is not ideal for your night time plans,

but the location is great for your pool and beach day goals.

Getting around town will add some expense, but at the Grand Beach you'll have a great spot to enjoy pool, hot tub and the beach every day and a short Uber/Lyft at night to the entertainment places.

You can also call to request a mini van sized taxi (you pay per taxi, not per person). If you are flying as a group, you can request a van sized taxi at the airport when you get to the queue outside baggage claim. Just tell the radio man you need a bigger vehicle. There should be no additional charge for the larger vehicle.

Thursdays at Ball and Chain might be fun - a Latin night would be a great way to jump into the Miami scene. Ball & Chain presents Ladies Night and Karaoke Night - Ladies drink FREE well drinks from 8:00pm-10:00pm

Enjoy Karaoke at 9:00pm then Best jams with DJ Danny Stern (same DJ as the SLS pool party).

There are other events other times of the week - here is a calendar to see if you spot something good -

https:/…

I googled the Hunkomania event and the location adjoins a bunch of fun Miami clubs like E11even (29 NE 11 Street - close enough to walk). The main lounge is a 24 hour gents-style ultra club late night (girl dancers), but the Rooftop might be a cool place to take the girls after the hunks for a round of drinks under the stars. I don't think you need to book a full night of bottle service to go up on the roof and see the view and have a few drinks and snacks. Check the site to see if you like it. Otherwise, you might have fun checking out Ball and Chain Miami which is a short hop from Hulkomania.

www.11miamirooftop.com

One thing to be mindful of when you go out as a group - venues will add the tip to the bill at the bottom of the charge automatically (check says service charge or gratuity). If you are dealing with this part of the trip ALWAYS CHECK the CHECK! If you are not clear - ASK. Places like Nikki, where brunch costs $50 per person, add 20% tip per guest. You would not be expected to tip on top of that. But people get into a party mood, have a few drinks and don't read the bill.

AG

Edited: 22 February 2018, 20:38
Mentioned in this post
Grand Beach Hotel
Grand Beach Hotel
5,754 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Nikki Beach
Nikki Beach
858 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Reply to: Bachelorette Party Hotel Choice - Mar1-5