We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

miami beach/ key west

Newcastle upon...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
miami beach/ key west

is it possible to travel on a tour bus to key west from miami beach one day and return the next day...and also for tours such as this, or one day trip to everglades or to little havana and such, is it cheaper to book online , or wait until we get there and book from miami beach.we are travelling beginning of may for two weeks staying at the astor hotel south beach. thank you in anticipation of a positive response from fellow travellors.... billy and pauline, north east england

4 replies to this topic
SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
11,471 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: miami beach/ key west

Yes, there are overnight tours to Key West, but they put you up in chain hotels in New Town. If you want to experience Key West, spend a night (or two) in Old Town. That is the area that makes Key West special. Otherwise your in an area full of car dealers, shopping centers and fast food franchises that can be anywhere in the USA.

My recommendation would be to rent a car and take your time exploring on the way down (including a quick stop in the Everglades) or look at Greyhound or Gobus for strictly transportation and book a couple nights at an Old Town B&B.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
United States
United States
North America
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
15,122 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: miami beach/ key west

As above, though Id plan my visit around the cruise ship schedule in Key West.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Newcastle upon...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: miami beach/ key west

many thanks SDT for your helpful reply, maybe i'll look @ at the greyhound or globus option, as i'm retired now from employment which required many miles of driving, i have absolutely refused to holiday anywhere and DRIVE, since my retirement we have visited spain, turkey,greece, portugal, barbados, jamaica ALL without hiring a car , but once again many thanks for the advice...ps is the NEW TOWN very far from the old town ..i.e. duvall street , mallory square ? perhaps i could take a taxi(cab) from my hotel, if i opted for an overnight tour ??????.

Mentioned in this post
The New Hotel
The New Hotel
228 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Newcastle upon...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: miami beach/ key west

many thanks for your post Objets, as i explained to another chap who answered i have no intention of driving during my holiday but the overnight tour sounds the most practical for us , as we could possibly take a cab into the old town part of key west should we be staying in the new town., once again many thanks for your time, and i would be most grateful for any advice you may give us

Reply to: miami beach/ key west
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted