We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two or Three nights?

Manchester, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Two or Three nights?

Hi

We have a 2 night stay reserved at the Lemon Tree Inn but are wondering if we should up it to 3. Arriving late afternoon on day 1 after a drive up from the keys, day 2 will see us taking a trip out on the Everglades, Is two afternoon / evenings enough to see all there is to see or are there other day time activities / things to see to justify the additional night? We don't generally lie about sunbathing but do like to be out in the sun, walking /strolling/ - particularly by the sea or sitting outdoors with a cold beer or glass of wine people watching. We are interested in hiring bikes if its a safe and relatively flat area to do so. We have heard Naples is expensive which is another of our concerns but is it anymore expensive than we expect the keys to be?

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Two or Three nights?

In my experience, three nights is not even enough! There is a ton to see and do in Naples, or you could just chill on the beach and do nothing at all! It is very flat and there are some nicer roads with bike lanes, just stay off the busy highways. From the Lemon Tree you can walk right to Fifth Avenue and some great shops, bars and restaurants. Naples can be as in/expensive as your budget will afford - ranging from fast food to five star dining. I recommend you hit up a few happy hour specials on Fifth - I personally cannot afford Truluck's, but their happy hour specials are right in our budget! Almost every place on Fifth (and Old Naples too), have great happy hours. We try to have a drink and split one or two appy's at as many as we can fit in, but usually after three or four we're done. Another fun outing is the Naples Water Taxi, where you can ride all day for $7 each, making several stops along the way. You will have a great time, and even after three days you will wish you had more time!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,739 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two or Three nights?

lemon tree is in a great location, we had 4 nights there in sept. what room have you booked? we changed our room as it was a older room, which was pretty grim but after asking for another we had a refurbed room which was lovely. it's just round the corner to 5th ave which if you do the happy hours 3-6 ish for food and drink prices are ok, cafe milano is great , $5 cocktails and half price food.

it's also walking distance to tin city for shops and restaurants, a few bars before you get to it too

no more expensive than the keys

you can hire bikes from the lemon tree, think they was $10 and you can cycle to the beach and not have to worry about parking.

if possible add on extra nights,

Kent
Level Contributor
6,739 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two or Three nights?

also i would do the everglades on the way to naples, i wouldn't spend a whole day there. there is a big park at naples just down from the inn which have outdoor concerts etc, the inn will tell you whats on

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,923 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two or Three nights?

I'd add the extra night as well. I spent a couple of nights there solo last year, stayed at Lemon Tree. I'd stay there again.

I enjoyed the Botanical Gardens. Nice way to spend a morning.

The old part of the city is very walkable.

Manchester, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Two or Three nights?

Thank you all!

An extra night it is then. And the Water Taxi sounds fab! No idea what room as we have reserved as its through a booking agency but thanks for the heads up on the rooms

Really looking forward to this trip!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,739 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two or Three nights?

i would email asap and ask for an updated room, if it was full and you got an old room you wouldn't be happy!! we booked ours on booking.com and picked the room, it wasn't til we got tere we saw how bad it was, luckily there was empty rooms to move too

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,923 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two or Three nights?

I booked on my own, reserved a room with a private lanai, but, was put in a different (and very dark) room to start with. Looked around for a couple minutes and went right back to the desk and asked for the room that I had booked. The nice woman at reception was more than willing to move me, said she didn't understand why I hadn't been placed there in the first place.

Manchester, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Two or Three nights?

Very good tips. I didn't know its possible to contact the hotel direct with a request for a specific room type despite booking through an agent. Thank you!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,739 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two or Three nights?

we booked a queen deluxe with private lanai and it was awful, so dark, dirty, we would of gone elsewhere if they hadn't moved us, we moved into room 3 or 4, 2 chairs and small table outside and opposite the pool, it had 2 queens in and was really nice

10. Re: Two or Three nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2017, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Naples
Recent Conversations