We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

2 posts
Save Topic
Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

Arriving in Naples in July 2017. Narrowed my search to 2 properties. The best of the 2 does not have a lanai. It would be my preferance to have one but with 2 small children worried about the bugs lm not sure. Any advice would be greatly received. As you can imagine l do not want to make the wrong choice and would value someone elses opinion, particularly if they have experience of with and without a lanai.

Kind regards

Gary

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

With the heat and humidity we get in July I don't think you would even want to be in a lanai. We have one and don't sit out in it in Summer.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

I disagree. I love being outside, even in the heat and humidity of summer. My last stay in Naples, I spent a lot of morning and evening hours outside on the lanai.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,374 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

I dont sit outside in summer, even in my screened lanai- unless i am in the pool.

Far too hot.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

I would definitely choose the house WITH the lanai! Most of the time, bugs aren't a big issue. However, if the house is near a canal or the wind happens to blow them in, you can have a terrible time with mosquitoes & the lanai solves that problem. We have spent many of our summers on Marco Island and the one time we didn't have a lanai, I really regretted it! There were several nights we couldn't even stay in the pool because of the mosquitoes. I would not rent a home without one again. It also gives me at least a little semblance of privacy from my neighbors.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
12,605 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

Yes to lanai.

Very nice if there is a water view.

Yes, hot and humid.

Sláinte

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,525 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

the key factor is if the lanai is screened -- if it is, bugs are pretty much a non-issue.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

Gary -

bugs are an issue in Naples in July so I would select a property with a screened lanai.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

Thanks for all the replies so far ...l should gave been more prescriptive in my description. Both Houses have a lanai however one is screened and the other is not. In Naples in July is it necessary to have it screened? House without screen is near a golf course? Not sure if it makes a difference. Would greatly value other people's opinion before l book.

Thanks

Gary

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

I think that's how we've all been answering this question . . . Screen vs no (I know that's how I interpreted your question). I would not hesitate & go for the screen in a heartbeat!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it crucial to have a lanai for my stay in Naples.

I misunderstood the question, but, would go with the screened lanai. Do be aware most screens don't keep out the noseeums though.

;