We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the water clean?

River Falls...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Is the water clean?

We were in Ft Myers Beach in February and the water is not very blue. I do understand why it's not. We will be coming to Naples at the end of May. Just wondering if the water there is better.

Level Contributor
99 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Is the water clean?

The water is a beautiful turquoise. I haven't been to any islands lately to compare with Naples beaches.

Marco Island...
Level Contributor
593 posts
130 reviews
2. Re: Is the water clean?

We live here. Some days the water is so clear and pristine. Some days when the wind is blowing, tides are changing, seas are rough, it's not. You just never know. Barefoot beach is the #2 beach in the USA and one of my favs. But I've been there on days that would make people think, "this is the 2nd best beach? How?."

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
15 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: Is the water clean?

Usually, yes. My favorite beaches for the water are Lowdermilk and Vanderbilt. The pier area is also very nice, but always crowded. Rarely is the water not nice and the weather usually corresponds.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
164 posts
97 reviews
4. Re: Is the water clean?

Well... you never know... sometimes is nice and clean, but sometimes not so good, and it smells so bad...

5. Re: Is the water clean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2018, 12:17