We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Areas of Naples explained

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
244 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Areas of Naples explained

Understanding TA forums are usually for travel, I was hoping for some local expertise knowledge of Naples for living. We are considering buying a condo in Naples and would like to know specifically the good parts of the city/town vs the bad areas (if any). We prefer quiet, quaint areas as apposed to busy crowded areas. That said, as close to the coast as possible (for 175k) also understanding we can't even get an ocean view for that money but close is OK. Where exactly is the town center? Is there anything like a town square or areas that are considered better or worse? Thanks everyone.

9 replies to this topic
Boston
Level Contributor
454 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Areas of Naples explained

Check out realtor sites and look at maps

Closest to the beach would be inside 41 which would be 0 to approx 2-3 miles from the beach

I doubt you can get anything for less than $400 or $500

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
309 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Areas of Naples explained

I believe all areas are nice, however vary in price range with regard to distance from the ocean (to a degree, other issues also, size, age, etc.). My mother lives in a nice gated community in your price range at about 10 miles east of the gulf.

Marco Island...
Level Contributor
593 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Areas of Naples explained

175k would go further in Ft. Myers or Cape Coral. You should visit first. I moved here from Oklahoma several years ago and started out in Key West, then Ft. Myers, then moved to Bonita Springs (North Naples area) and now I live in Goodland on Marco. You need to experience which area and lifestyle suit you before buying.

Edited: 23 April 2017, 17:43
Mentioned in this post
Cape Coral
Cape Coral
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Oklahoma
Oklahoma
United States
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Bonita Springs
Bonita Springs
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
North Naples
North Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Marco Island...
Level Contributor
593 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Areas of Naples explained

FYI-Condos in downtown Naples start at 500K (for not anything special) and go into the millions. Our joke when in this area is "What's that smell"?

"The smell of money. Lots of money."

It's beautiful!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
244 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Areas of Naples explained

I appreciate all your input. A few things.... We are experienced world travelers. We have been to Naples (doesn't mean we know the parts of the city, good or bad). We have visited FL from stem to stern, we know what FL is like. We have already spoken with realtors about several properties in our price ranger less than 5 miles from the coast and looked at maps.

If we could stick to the question, that would be great. From your experiences, please explin the different parts of the city. Good and bad.

Marco Island...
Level Contributor
593 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Areas of Naples explained

Great! Ask your realtor! This is a travel forum;)

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Areas of Naples explained

Gotta agree with OK here . . . People are just trying to help you & this isn't even the appropriate forum for that kind of question. I'm surprised the question hasn't gotten pulled yet!

Mich
Level Contributor
192 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Areas of Naples explained

Good luck finding anything other than a car for $175K in Naples!!

There are some mobile home parks that might work...but they are usually a few miles from the coast.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Areas of Naples explained

There are condos in your price range in The Glades and Sunrise communities - about five miles or an easy ten minute drive to the beach and downtown (Fifth, Olde Naples) areas. They're not the most modern or fancy, but the grounds are well kept and the monthly fees include all the golf you can handle. The downside IS the monthly fees - they are quite high, but if you're golfers, you can at least take advantage of that. If your realtor has not mentioned The Glades, they are not doing a very good job!

Reply to: Areas of Naples explained
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted