We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

new delhi
9 posts
How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

Hi!

Have just booked our hols and all set to arrive in Orlando on Tues 9th June, we are travelling straight to Naples that first day - how long should it take us to drive that far (I think it's 187km gulp!)

We are then going to visit the Everglades - can anyone recommend an airboat Co??? for a ride and a good guide?

We are then back onto Orlando and staying in a villa near Champions Gate Golf course in Davenport- is it a good area?

Thanks for any input - it's the first time I am taking my kids to WDW and I can't wait to feel the magic thru them!!

Cheers Catherine, Neil, Abbie and Jacob

Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

it's actually about 220 miles and will take you about 4 hours.

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

I would consider changing your incoming flights to make life a bit easier if you intend to drive straight to Naples from Orlando airport

It seems like you are needlessly travelling 200 miles by road from Orlando down to Naples. If you had organised your incomming flights better you could have flew direct to Fort Myers Airport which is only 40 Miles from Naples, and then flew out of Orlando on your return flight and saved yourself all the extra unnecessary driving to Naples.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

Yes, see if you can change to Ft. Myers Airport d(RSW). If not try Ft. Lauderdale (FFL) or Miami (MIA). Ft. Lauderale is a 90 minute drive and Miami 2 hours. You would still be cutting your travel time in half.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
165 reviews
4. Re: How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

Agree with other posters about the arrival airport, though I found going to one of the other locations could be a lot more expensive, especially when there are several of you. I guess you may have also booked the trip as a Disney package.

Consider breaking up the Journey at say Tampa and make the trip enjoyable rather than a slog. You could take an inland route but that will add time. Google maps is great for looking at the options and driving times under 'get directions'

For the airboat there are plenty of good operators. One I would recommend is Speedy Johnsons in Everglades City - about 35 miles from Naples. You will get to see mangroves as well as grasslands and plenty of wildlife such as Alligators. There are some free maps/discount coupons around with more details, or see

http://www.speedyjohnsons.com/homed.htm

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
165 reviews
5. Re: How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

It can be a tiring drive after a transatlantic flight (assuming you are coming direct from india?) - consider stopping off for the night or at least a rest en route - there are several rest and motel stops along the I4 or head for the coast such as Clearwater

new delhi
9 posts
6. Re: How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

Hi Everyone!

Dont worry we are flying in from Toronto which is only a 2.5 hour flight. The India to UK trip takes place at the end of May.

We are actually really looking forward to the drive as we are not allowed to drive ourselves here in india as the driving leaves a lot to be desired (and you have to negotiate lots of cows in the roads too!) So we are not too unduly worried about it, we figure we can take it nice and slow and stop off along the way if something takes our fancy. It's the start of a 3 week holiday to end all holidays,a celebration of having survived India for 4 years!!

We are staying in a villa, so havent booked any WDW package.

But, thanks for all the replies - the Speedy Johnson rings bells with me when we went to Florida in 01 - I shall have to look up where we went but it was so long ago now!

Thanks for all the help!

catherine

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
165 reviews
7. Re: How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

OK - that makes all the difference... Also I know what you mean regarding the driving yourself in India!

Other airboat operators to consider include Captain Doug, Wootens and EPAT (the later is the closest to Naples, on the US41 towards Miami).

have a great trip..

rochester, ny
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

Catherine,

We do the Orlando - Naples drive all the time. It's not bad at all and can be done in 3h 15m from Disney (less if travelling off hours) and about 3h 30m from the airport. If you don't mind a few back roads, I would recommend not doing all the interstates (I4 andI75) but take the route that goes tthru Lake Wales and cut over to Punta Gorda through Arcadia / Zolpho Springs. It's a much easier drive and you get to see things a bit more. Not that much to see except cattle and oranges though. We left disney after the fireworks and parade last Wed at 11:30 pm and were home in Naples at 2:30 am. Ready for the beach the next day!

new delhi
9 posts
9. Re: How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

Thanks for all the input guys, I am getting SO excited!

Is it worth just buying tickets for the parks at the gates, there seems to be so much confusing info, we want to do Seaworld, MGM, Universal and WDW so as u can imagine that adds up to a lot!!

Personally having not been able to eat beef for 4 years (not widely available in India as cows are sacred animals to Hindu's) I am looking forward to a good steak on the BBQ beside the pool!! - BUt any really good steakhouses that people can recommend??

Cheers Everyone

Catherine

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
90 posts
103 reviews
10. Re: How long will it take to drive to naples from Orlando airpor

We are doing a similar trip starting on the 2nd May, however we are flying into Sanford Airport just North of Orlando,landing around 4.00 p.m. Rather than complete the drive to Naples immediately, we have booked in at the Days Inn in Lakeland, we stopped there 2 years ago and it is good.With regard to steaks I think it would be difficult to get a bad one in the USA. Naples is a great place to visit. Have a terrific vacation.

Give my regards to MM