We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples bay resort foreclosure?

USA
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Naples bay resort foreclosure?

We are just about to book a cottage at this resort through VRBO. When I received the contract there is a statement in there about what will happen in the event of foreclosure of this resort. So I started to do some research and found that the owners of the resort had filed bankruptcy last year. We are due to be going in July.

Does anyone know if these issues have been resolved, is it wise to book here knowing that the resort could close before we get there?

Would love any info please.

London
Level Contributor
468 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples bay resort foreclosure?

I read a few months ago about the foreclosure but we decided to book anyway. We stayed in a cottage rental and had to say it was amazing. We had a fabulous trip and everything was up to standard. A lot of the shops in the marina area were empty but the whole place was spick and span and I wouldnt hesitate in recommending it if you are going soon. I made sure I had good insurance cover in case anything went wrong.

Linlithgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples bay resort foreclosure?

Any updates?

Will be in the area in early December and this hotel was my original choice!

essex
Level Contributor
339 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples bay resort foreclosure?

I have just noticed this thread--we are booked in with 2 rooms at the naples bay resort for July 1st to the 3rd--should we be worried ??

Travelin
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples bay resort foreclosure?

The way I understand it...all is running well at the resort. I recently purchased sunglasses from a shop at the resort - Character Eyez (by the way a great eyewear store!). Speaking with the store owner, the resort is run by a management company. The ownership struggles are separate from day to day operations. All appeared to be lively with boats in the marina area, boat rentals were busy that day as I walked around and I understand they are having a nice event at the yacht club for July 4th.

Consequently called for a reservation over the weekend for a quick "getaway" for some friends - almost all booked up.

My advice - all appears to be running well - enjoy the resort.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naples bay resort foreclosure?

Hi sheena - In case you have not booked yet, there is a special going on currently that includes room rental PLUS full day boat rental for $245 per day -

www.naplesdowntown.com/naples-bay-boatel.htm

USA
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naples bay resort foreclosure?

Pattib thanks for that info however we have now booked for that resort we booked a cottage through vrbo and got quite a good deal we arrive next week. I am just really concerned about the weather there at the minute it looks like Naples is getting a ton of rain, I knw that it rains there in summer but it seems from the forecast that Naples is getting more than usual so slightly worried.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naples bay resort foreclosure?

Hi SheenaUSA -

Enjoy your visit and don't worry about the rain - it has been intermittent and usually at night or late afternoon. Sunny here today. Yesterday was sunny most of the day and rained for about an hour late afternoon.

8. Re: Naples bay resort foreclosure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 12:17