We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable dining options

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
17 reviews
Reasonable dining options

We will be staying in Naples May 11-14.

Does anyone have suggestions for dinner in the $15-$20 range? Also not wanting to dress up, but prefer casual (slacks/pants and a shirt), but not shorts and beachwear.

We are not big drinkers, so we are not looking for places with beer or wine specials.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Reasonable dining options

Check out Patti's post for dining specials going on right now in Naples.

Slacks/pants and shirt is perfect attire for most restaurants in Naples.

Enjoy!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Reasonable dining options

Yes, I looked at them but those mostly include a glass or bottle of wine, not what I was hoping to find.

Thanks

Edited: 09 May 2012, 05:51
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
148 reviews
3. Re: Reasonable dining options

There are lots of chains that you will recognize in your price range. If you let us know what type of food you like or where you eat at home that may help the readers help you.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Reasonable dining options

It looks like Venetian Village has some interesting restaurants. We will be staying at the Inn of Naples.

Like seafood, chicken, pork, beef, Italian, Continental, Thai, American. Not a fan of sushi, do not go to Outback, Carrabbas, Bonefish Grill or any OSI brand restaurants.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Reasonable dining options

Most restaurants in Venetian Village are not in the 15-20 dollar range, which is why suggested the thread Patti started. Mangrove is an excellent restaurant and you do not have to drink the wine. I highly suggest it.

The Pub in Mercato is a great. Their fish and chips are awesome. For seafood USS Nemo is very good.

http://www.experiencethepub.com/naples

http://www.ussnemorestaurant.com/

Nutley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
328 posts
163 reviews
6. Re: Reasonable dining options

D'amico on 41 @ Neopolitan Way would fill the bill. It is owned By Campiello which is a long established 3rd St restaurant. Check their menu online.

PS : it gets very crowded so go early or later.

Beaconsfield...
Level Contributor
270 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: Reasonable dining options

If you really like the idea of Venetian Village, Miramare restaurant (Italian) offers a very good deal on early dining (4pm to 5.30pm daily)- three courses for $20.12. It is in a really nice setting overlooking the water - we've eaten there a few times and found both the service and food good. Take a look at www.miramarenaples.com

Also for a casual, inexpensive meal The Village Pub at Venetian Village is a good choice - www.naplespubs.com

See you're heading down this weekend - Sunday is Mother's Day so it will be busy!

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
113 reviews
8. Re: Reasonable dining options

For very casual dining on the water, try the Dock at Crayton Cove. Definitely in your price range, but a bit more casual.

Another thing to think about is going to a more upscale restaurant, but trying 2 to 3 apps. We often sit at the bar (and no, you don't have to order a drink!) doing this.

While it is a chain, we do like Bricktops at the Waterfront Shops. This would fit the bill in terms of price and dress code.

I'd like to second the mention of these two: the Mangrove Cafe and D'Amico's. We really like both of them.

Enjoy!

Ad Ialso

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Reasonable dining options

Look at Boathouse in the Crayton Cove area. They are reasonable and have even better early bird specials. Very nice/casual setting on the water. www.naplesboathouse.com

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Reasonable dining options

In Naples now, had dinner tonight at Cafe Lafayette before 7 pm they have an early dining 3 course meal with a bottle of wine for $18.95. Yes, I know I wasn't looking for a wine special,dinner was very good. I had the beef stew and husband had salmon, we were very pleased.