We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navarre vs fort Walton destin are

Hixson, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Topic
Navarre vs fort Walton destin are

Looking for pros and cons of Navarre. We usually stay in fort Walton and venture into destin, but might change it up. We don't do anything other than go to the beach and out for seafood so just beach and restaurant thoughts. Also my son likes the inland side of the beach in Walton, is there any access to public on the inland side in Navarre?

Mentioned in this post
Navarre
Navarre
Florida Panhandle, FL
Fort Walton Beach
Fort Walton Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
2 replies to this topic
iowa
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Navarre vs fort Walton destin are

I am answering this mostly to bump you so hopefully someone else will respond to your question.

I have only been to Navarre once - about a year ago - it's a much quieter area and you would have to drive

to a restaurant or anything other than the beach as far as i can remember. Hopefully, someone will answer you

about the inland side - when we were there no one was on the inland side.

Mentioned in this post
Navarre
Navarre
Florida Panhandle, FL
Indian Springs...
Level Contributor
261 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Navarre vs fort Walton destin are

Just after you cross the bridge into Navarre, there is a park on the right, that is on the lagoon side of the island. Navarre Marine Park is on the opposite side after crossing the bridge,and I think will give you access to the lagoon side as well. Additionally, Opal beach which is a few miles to the west gives you access to both sides of the island.

There are a couple of restaurants on the island but I have not eaten there, so I can't comment.

Edited: 26 June 2018, 08:44
Mentioned in this post
Navarre
Navarre
Florida Panhandle, FL
Reply to: Navarre vs fort Walton destin are
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Navarre
Recent Conversations