We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Seas Kiddy pool construction

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Topic
South Seas Kiddy pool construction

Well, in one of those miracles, SSR has started the construction of the kiddy pool just to the north of the main pools. It does make the pool area and Seabreeze condos noisy according to comments. It will affect several timeshare buildings as well, including Plantation House. A few of the Land's End condos might have some noise problems as well, but most won't. [I'm working off memory here, so don't shoot me.]

For those staying at the Harborview building, the construction should not be much of an issue as it is north of you, though still bayside.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: South Seas Kiddy pool construction

Here's an article in the Captiva Current, but alas, no artists drawings of the new pool are included. There will be two slides - one long and one short, each under 18 feet tall. This should finish the main pool complex on the bay. The plan remains to have the complex complete by Thanksgiving despite the contractor issues.

www.captivacurrent.com/news/articles.asp…

west palm beach
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: South Seas Kiddy pool construction

looked to us they were working the past few days. I was told they hope to have it up and running by 12/2008. My kids are going to love it next summer when we return!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: South Seas Kiddy pool construction

OK. Here's the update on the contract. This is the same company that did the other two pools - and it took quite a while to get them fully operational. Also, they are no longer planning to be done before Thanksgiving, so keep that in mind when planning your trip.

www.captivacurrent.com/sports/articles.asp…

14. Re: South Seas Kiddy pool construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 21:18