We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leapin Lizard

Missouri
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Leapin Lizard

Has anyone stayed at Leapin Lizard recently? We are coming down on June 28 - July 5. Is it still a nice place to stay? We are mainly concerned with how clean it is. Would appreciate any info. Thanks in advance.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leapin Lizard

Here's the most recent review we've had. Hope this helps.

Leapin Lizzard house

sjmason

sjmason

Forum posts: 3

Travel map pins: 0

Travel maps show where members have been and are going. Start your own!

More about sjmason...

?

Reply to this post

Posted on: 4:53 pm, October 21, 2007

Save Save

I wanted to give a review of this house since not that much has been written about it specifically on this forum. We are currently almost finished with our stay at this house and have really enjoyed the house. We have 4 adults and three children staying here. It is much closer to the beach than I thought it would be. It is really across the street from Island Girl, even though I thought it was further inland than that. I love Laika Lane as it is a very sleepy street, but still an easy walk to restaurants. The beach right here has resulted in great shelling too.

The house is very well stocked for people who would like to cook while here (as I have.) The linens and towels are of good quality and we all thought the beds were very comfortable. The pool isn't huge, but is a nice shape and was plenty big enough for the kids to play in. The pool cabana is larger and nicer than I thought. It has a half bath, A/C, large TV and small refridgerator. Someone could easily have slept in there and had plenty of privacy. There were lots of sand toys, beach chairs, and a shelling net which was nice.

THere is a king master bedroom w/ private bath, a queen bedroom and a twin bedroom. The rooms were decent size. All but the queen one had TVs in them. There are 2 dvd players, but the main TV was not a huge flat screen. The living room was cozy, but had plenty of comfortable seating. There is also a pull out couch. The screened front porch was also very nice.

The main issues we have are the main bathroom is a little different. I think for ventilation purposes, since it is an interior bathroom, the hallway wall has a large cutout towards the ceiling. This means that the bathroom isn't sealed off and isn't necessarily the most private.

If you are looking for total luxury, this isn't your house. If you are looking for a comfortable house that is well appointed, and very close to the beach at a more affordable price, this is the place for you!

Groveland, Florida
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leapin Lizard

My family has the house July 12-19, too late to give you a review before you get there. If you are staying please post a review, be curious to know what we're getting into.

It's an AMRC property so if there are any problems they should be able to help you out. We were at Calypso Captiva for 2 weeks last summer and they were very responsive to any issues we had.

Missouri
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Leapin Lizard

Thanks so much for the update. Appreciate it.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leapin Lizard

Yes, Shelly, if you could give us an update we'd all appreciate it, everyone here is clamoring for much needed house reviews. We were on Laika 2 weeks ago, Lizard has a GREAT location, practically on the path to the beach!!

Missouri
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leapin Lizard

Nice place

Close to beach

A/C is not very good

Doesnt work in guest house and is undersized unit

Shower to clean sand off of you outside doesnt work

ANTS!!!

Other than that Im just so happy to be back to Captiva :)

6. Re: Leapin Lizard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 12:27