We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south seas- golf cart rental

virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
south seas- golf cart rental

I am going to South Seas in July. I am thinking about renting golf carts while we are there. We are staying at Lands End. Does anyone know if we will need them to get to the beach? Is there a good place to rent them?

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: south seas- golf cart rental

You can rent golf carts on the resort for getting around. You can also arrange to rent them thru Yolo Watersports in the village. They come in very handy for getting around, but you will need to abide by certain rules. With Yolo, you must be 21 yo to drive a golf cart. Don't know the resort age limit as it would depend on their insurance. By county ordinance, golf carts are NOT permitted beyond the edge of Captiva village. You'll see the sign posted near Green Flash restaurant. No using golf carts after dark - so don't plan on running into the village for the evening and then driving back. On the resort property you might be able to, beyond, no.

The walk from Land's End to Sunset beach entrance is about 7 minutes depending on where you specific building is located. The golf course sits between the condos and the beach, so you need to walk to the south of the course and then west to the beach access point. [You could walk the northern boundary by Red Fish Pass, but the resort has it posted. Enforcement seems lax, but it could cause trouble.] There was no parking for golf carts at this entrance last I heard, so I don't know if it will make reaching the beach any easier or not. ASK SSR ABOUT PARKING BY THE BEACH The resort trolley does drop off and pick-up at that beach access point, but the runs can be rather irregular.

Golf carts are a huge, if rather expensive, convenience for reaching various other resort activities venues, like the fitness center that's over 2 miles from where you're staying. The resort is HUGE - not very wide, but very long and things are spread out.

west palm beach
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: south seas- golf cart rental

They also have a trolley that runs about every 20' to each villa. I think though if we go again for more days we would rent a gold cart off property- it seemed to the cheeper of the two. We want it so my husband could go off fishing while Im with the kids at the beach or pool. I really enjoyed the ride on the trolley to the muckey duck/bubble room street but I think the kids would of enjoyed the ride on the golf cart there also..

3. Re: south seas- golf cart rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Captiva Island