We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Unit in South Seas is the Best??

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which Unit in South Seas is the Best??

My family and I are planning a South Seas trip in July. We have 4 adults and 2 children in our party, so a 2 or, more preferably, 3 bedroom unit is needed.

We want to be on the beach and have a unit that is modern and updated.

I have read many bad reviews about how some of the units are old and dirty.

Can anyone suggest a unit that they themselves have stayed in that fits our criteria?

I am a desperate woman!!! Please help!!!

Thanks,

Chris

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Unit in South Seas is the Best??

South Seas won't rent specific units, just a type of unit. Even then they've switched folks against their will to different kinds of units.

I'd suggest you stick with a Gulf Cottage or consider a Beach Home. With a beach home you do rent a specific house and don't get what's available. Both are on the beach. The largest and generally nicest units are the 3 bedroom Land's End condos, but they are not on the beach.

With 4 adults it isn't practical to rent from an owner or agency unless you don't want the resort facilities - which sort of defeats the purpose of being at South Seas. When you rent privately like that, you do get to choose a specific unit, but in order to have access to all resort facilities you would need to pay $75/day/adult for the length of your stay. That's an additional $300/day for your group - not a good idea.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Unit in South Seas is the Best??

Does that mean we can't eat in the restaurants? I had no idea that you can't use the facilities if you rent through an agency.

That was what we were looking at so that we could be sure of what we are getting.

Please fill me in!!! I am a newbie to South Seas. We've always stayed in Sanibel.

HELP!

clermont, fl
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Unit in South Seas is the Best??

I stayed at the Marina Villas last year where I booked through Royal Shell. The only thing available to you is the beach, pools with the exception of the main pool at the end of the resort, and gas grills that may be near your unit. The trolley that goes from the entrance to Lands End also requires a wrist band. That really stunk becuase the convenience of it was something I have enjoyed for over 20 years. Having said that, the resort is beautiful, the location is PERFECT, and the beach is where I spend my time anyway. I got a 2br villa for $900 for a week. It would have cost $2100 if I went thru SSR. There aren't good restaurants inside anymore. Captain Al's and Chadwicks are long gone. This year I am staying at the Baywatch Estates property in a 2br near Tween Waters. Simple, but cheap.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Unit in South Seas is the Best??

IMHO the Marina Villas have the best condo complex pool. Big and attractive. Short walk to the beach near the north end.

5. Re: Which Unit in South Seas is the Best??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2008, 02:19
6. Re: Which Unit in South Seas is the Best??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Captiva Island