We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leapin Lizard

Missouri
5 posts
Save Topic
Leapin Lizard

Nice place

Close to beach

A/C is not very good

Doesnt work in guest house and is undersized unit

Shower to clean sand off of you outside doesnt work

ANTS!!!

Other than that Im just so happy to be back to Captiva :)

Mentioned in this post
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leapin Lizard

Ants come and go just about everywhere on the islands. I'd notify AMRC about the non-working shower.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leapin Lizard

I would also notify them about the AC not working very well. We had that issue in a home we rented through another agency and they came over and literally flipped a breaker switch and solved the issue. The fan had only been blowing and circulating the air prior to them coming over.

As for the ants, we call them sugar ants, I don't know the proper name of them, but we only see them in Florida, keep everything sealed, sealed, sealed. I put all food items in large gallon ziploc bags once opened. Watch your toothpaste too, they get in and around that!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leapin Lizard

But we always appreciate up-to-date house reviews on Captiva so if you think of any other things about the house you think might be useful please feel free to share.

Mentioned in this post
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Groveland, Florida
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leapin Lizard

Let them know about the A/C, we had Calypso last summer for two weeks and the A/C went out. AMRC had someone over in 15 minutes and they had everything working in about an hour.

Groveland, Florida
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leapin Lizard

The ants are probably Pharoah Ants. They are a real pest in Florida. If they are too annoying see if AmRC can get you Terro Liquid Ant baits. Within a couple days they'll get rid of them all.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Missouri
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Leapin Lizard

We complained about the shower outside and it was fixed that day.

The maintenance man told me the guest house unit is undersized therefore it cant fully cool the guest house.

The ant problem is better now that everything is sealed and you clean the counters with bleach.

Missouri
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Leapin Lizard

The maintenance man told me the guest house unit is undersized therefore it cant fully cool the guest house.

The ant problem is better now that everything is sealed and you clean the counters with bleach.

Missouri
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Leapin Lizard

Groveland, Florida
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leapin Lizard

Glad to hear they got the shower fixed. Last year we found AmRC a pleasure to deal with in fixing problems.

Only 11 more days to we're at Leapin' Lizard. I can't wait.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leapin Lizard

I agree with you, Glenn, that AmRC is a pleasure to work with! Have a blast on Captiva, in the Leapin Lizard, practically on the beach, lucky you.

Mentioned in this post
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Get answers to your questions about Captiva Island