We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south seas captiva...any advice?

illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
south seas captiva...any advice?

Well my mom loves the south seas, but only from looking on the internet...I found a rental for 950 for 1 week, but that sounds cheap compared to all the other properties..

Plus I have read that if you dont book directly from the resort, and book privatley you do not get all the bells and whistels...is this true?

HELP! PLEASE!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: south seas captiva...any advice?

True. And that is a low price.

Now the basics. SSR is a complicated resort that contains hotel rooms/suites, condos [sometimes called villas, which is VERY confusing], cottages - that are mostly duplexes and quadplexes, and beach homes - duplex and free standing, and private homes of various sizes - PLUS about 5 or 6 different timeshare properties.

You have rented a private condo. There are many condo complexes within the resort and many are a LONG way from the beach. When you rent from an owner or agency you get the condo and the pool associated with that condo complex ONLY and any grills associated with that complex. You will have beach access.

You will not have:

Main Pool access

Trolley access

Tennis access - except for those condos that have tennis in their association

Spa services

Restaurant access on the resort - depends on the restaurant

Beach equipment - except what the condo supplies

resort services

Health club

games room

Resort amenities will cost an additional $75/per adult/per day and have a minimum purchase requirement.

Also, please note my post on the Beach Villas construction work. Not the place to be for peace and quiet. Also, there is construction of a third pool at the main pool complex.

2. Re: south seas captiva...any advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 20:16