We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pretty drive

nc
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Pretty drive

I'm looking for a pretty drive somewhere near Ocala. It seems like it was mentioned somewhere on this forum but I can't find it now?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Ocala
Ocala
Central Florida, FL
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,008 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pretty drive

i don't know if this is it but you might consider a day trip to Cedar Key. The roads go out thru the country side. You would have to check map quest or google maps to get the exact route. If its a drive right in Ocala hopefully one of the locals will chime in to help with that.

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Key
Cedar Key
Florida
Ocala
Ocala
Central Florida, FL
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,016 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pretty drive

ocala.com/article/20090611/articles/906089975

"Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

OCALA, FL
Level Contributor
141 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pretty drive

sweeteeth, I live on rt 475 so per the article submiited this and 475A is certainly a nice drive with many horse farms but only about 5-8 miles of driving. On rt 475 there is the " Florida Horse Park' which has all kinds of things going on. Google it for events.. Cedar Key is a nice drive as suggested and may take about one hour from Ocala and you can take slight detours on 225A which has the most horse farms , very nice, very big, on the way. Take 484 out of south Ocala to Dunnelon out to Rainbow Springs then continue west to Homosassa for the state park and manatees which is also a very nice drive.. Maybe 1-1/2 hours from Ocala. Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Cedar Key
Cedar Key
Florida
Ocala
Ocala
Central Florida, FL
Homosassa
Homosassa
Florida
4. Re: Pretty drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2017, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Ocala