We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book Disney lodging

Lokeren, Belgium
Level Contributor
162 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
When to book Disney lodging

Hey Guys,

As some of you might have read in an earlier post, we are a family of four (2 girls, 2 and 4 at the time of the trip) from Belgium visiting Florida in the fall (late September - early October).

We will be renting a car and visit some places, and obviously a visit to the famous Disney World has to be included :-). We would like to spend 3 nights in a Disney 'hotel', and we would be visiting MK for 1 day. Some of you already suggested Ft. Wilderness, and I must say it is the kind of setting/lodging that really suits us.

Long introduction for a small question:

- When should I book my 3 nights, keeping in mind that the trip is in roughly 9,5 months?

- Do prices for the same hotel / same dates change over time, or are they fixed year round?

- Should I worry about the hotels being fully booked in that period?

- Is there a chance for occasional promotions that could be interesting? Where should I be looking for those?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Dimitri

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
11 replies to this topic
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,240 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book Disney lodging

No harm in booking ASAP as availability gets more scarce as time goes on.

Prices for a calendar year are fixed by the beginning of the year, so baring discount codes or offers, the price will be what it's now showing.

October is very popular due to fall breaks at schools. As I mentioned, the more time goes by, the more scarce availability gets.

Yes, there's always some promo that time of year, typically free dining, but the offer won't come out for a while unless you are a U.K. resident. Keep a look out. You can always attempt to modify your booking if you do get hold of one.

BTW, did you actually mean Ft. Wilderness or did you mean the Wilderness Lodge (they are separate resorts at WDW)?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book Disney lodging

I would book right away and watch it to see if it discounts then contact them if it does. I booked mine, then check a couple weeks later and it had gone up about 15% over that time. Also, keep in mind that they charge you right away. It's not like most hotels where they charge you at check in so make sure you are prepared for that charge.

Edited: 12 January 2018, 05:11
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,061 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book Disney lodging

Be aware if you book now and then the discounts come out, what you've booked may not be included. Personally we book around 6 months before which is when the discounts for your time period should be out. The price doesn't up, the prices are set for the year (different different times are different prices, holiday time of course is more expensive).

Lokeren, Belgium
Level Contributor
162 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book Disney lodging

OK thanks guys. I'll check again in March and do the booking :-). Where do we catch the discounts? They are shown on the Disney website, or you have to look somewhere else?

Manchester...
Level Contributor
645 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to book Disney lodging

Promotions can be found on the Walt Disney World website. If you follow any Disney groups on Facebook, people will usually post when new promotions are released. When you book, you pay a deposit. The balance due date varies if you have a room only reservation (time of check in) or package (30 days before check in).

Edited: 14 January 2018, 01:22
Massillon, Ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to book Disney lodging

I would book now! I just tried to book for September and the resort I wanted was already sold out. I hope you have better luck.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,061 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When to book Disney lodging

carlettems - what disney hotel is sold out already for Sept? that's unusual :)

pa
Level Contributor
54,974 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: When to book Disney lodging

DasDimi, New Offers can be found directly on the Disney Site but you can also sign up for the Newsletter from www.mousesavers.com and they will send alerts out in advance so you can be ready to book and or Modify.

carlettems, also wondering what Resort you were checking availability for, nothing should be sold out already for September

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When to book Disney lodging

Thanks for the website partypa!

10. Re: When to book Disney lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2018, 11:31

Reply to: When to book Disney lodging
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted