We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

I personally have zero interest in going to epcot in my 2 week stay, but will my kids miss out on anything must see here ? They're going to all other Disney parks and universal including all 3 water parks

22 replies to this topic
sugar land, texas
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

Epcot has always been a favorite of ours. It is completely different from say MK. It all depends on what you make of it. The kids will respond in kind. We always considered it to be a bit educational.

buildabettermousetrip.com/epcot-with-young-c…

Some of the above is dated, but gives an idea.

Circle of Life film no longer exists.

Edited: 16 January 2018, 18:15
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,495 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

Quote “I personally have zero interest in going to epcot in my 2 week stay”

Don’t go there then, it’s your holiday.

Is there a reason though??

It’s an iconic park, with loads to see & do:-):-)

We bought DVC at BCV, for ease of access to Epcot:-):-)

Ely, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
178 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

Our family also choose not to go to Epcot and we never feel that we are missing out. We absolutely love all the other Disney parks and Universal but, for some reason, Epcot just doesn't do it for us.

sugar land, texas
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

I guess to each his own.

It is our 2nd favorite after MK.

I could do those 2 and skip the rest.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,495 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

Quote “but, for some reason, Epcot just doesn't do it for us.”

But if as you say you’ve never been, how do you know??

Met someone at airport a few years ago who had been told “don’t waste your time going to HS, US is so much better”

I said I’d prefer to go myself & make my own mind up, as everyone’s different.

Anyway we met them on the flight home & they told me they’d decided to try HS & it was they’re favourite park:-):-)

If you don’t go, you’ll never know;-);/)

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

EPCOT is my 2nd favorite park after MK - and has been my daughter's favorite park since she was a toddler - especially the World Showcase. She loves to explore the different countries and see the various performances in each land. When she was a child, many of the performances were interactive, with the performers inviting children to dance and participate (it's been years since my last visit, so I don't know if this is still the case). I think that EPCOT is the most relaxing park and is my favorite to visit for people watching and just 'breathing the Disney air"

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,782 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

At 7 & 10, my kids preferred Epcot to MK.

One thing I remember doing in both parks was, upon entry, making a beeline to the back of the park, without stopping to see anything. Then we worked our way forward, seeing few other visitors for the 1st couple of hours.

Level Contributor
684 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

Not a favorite of our boys. Test track and soaring are good but not much else interested them. They prefer to use time in other parks

Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

Our daughter is almost 9 (and has been at ages 5 and 7) and LOVES Epcot. It's tied as a favorite with MK. If you have two weeks, why not spend a day there for something different?

My daughter loves rides, but also the World Showcase, the characters there, the little nooks and crannies like the maze in the UK (it's simple, but she loves it), the trains, caramel shop and Christmas ornaments in Germany, Pick a Pearl in Japan, etc. etc. We like to grab drinks and browse or just people watch (and yes, our daughter likes that, too).

Edited: 17 January 2018, 00:15
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9,583 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old

Well if the kids have never been, they won't know what they are missing...

That being said, when I was 8, EPCOT was my favorite park, though some of my favorites back then have since been replaced (RIP Food Rocks! and original Figment).

Think a 5 year old would get a big kick out of Turtle Talk too.

Reply to: Epcot with an 8 and a 5 year old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted