We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

Rayne, Louisiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
51 reviews
Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

I have heard many times to avoid the parks with EMH because they will be more crowded but recently I read something that said the crowds don't get too bad at Animal Kingdom even on EMH days. Well at least that it shouldn't deter you from going to AK because the crowds aren't as bad as let's say Magic Kingdom is on EMH days. Would any of you like to please share your opinion on this? We are planning to go in March of 2019 and if the EMH for AK stay consistent to what is currently scheduled then the EMH will fall on the day we are planning to go there. In September we can make our dining reservations and I'm trying to decide if I want to keep this as our park choice for that day or if we should switch it.

9 replies to this topic
Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
723 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

That might have been true before pandora opened but I am not sure it's still the same. However they had emh every day at ak on our recent trip as pandora crowds were huge so I dont kmow if that will be the same in sept

pa
Level Contributor
55,250 posts
2. Re: Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

Are you staying at a Disney Resort ?

Rayne, Louisiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
51 reviews
3. Re: Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

Yes we will be at All Star Movies

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
188 reviews
4. Re: Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

The advice to avoid EMH is generally for those staying offsite. We take full advantage of both morning and evening EMH as onsite guests. Morning in particular is incredibly productive. We had FP for Pandora so that first hour we cleaned up doing the deserted parts of Animal Kingdom with no wait at all.

pa
Level Contributor
55,250 posts
5. Re: Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

EMH is a nice Perk, go for it. March isn’t the busiest time of the year and even if the craziness of Pandora hasn’t died down, you can go enjoy the rest of the Park, where most people aren’t going to. Try not to stress about the planning, it’s suppose to be fun 😎

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,690 posts
93 reviews
6. Re: Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

Agreed. Do the EMH if you're staying on-site. (If you have park-hopper, then hop if things get crowded.... but EMH are a plus at AK most days regardless.)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
44,103 posts
96 reviews
7. Re: Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

Don't count totally on the current EMH days schedule to still be the same come March of next year, but you should know by September if they are; the operating hours for March 2019 will come out that month.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
5,645 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

Last week in March is Spring Break week for most US schools and it can get crazy busy.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,991 posts
662 reviews
9. Re: Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours

"I have heard many times to avoid the parks with EMH because they will be more crowded"

Maybe so, but in general they will be crowded no matter when you go.

Reply to: Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted