We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

victoria & alberts

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
victoria & alberts

how do you have to dress to eat at victorias & alberts

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
648 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: victoria & alberts

pokerolls - Evening attire for ladies, jackets required for gentlemen. Reservation required.

england
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: victoria & alberts

Hi SusanS

Would a gentleman need to wear a necktie or will casual open neck shirt/casual trousers be OK

Domain of...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: victoria & alberts

Victoria & Alberts is a formal dining experience - wearing a tie is advised.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: victoria & alberts

I have to say LongDistanceVoyager that I have eaten at most of the 'good' places in Central Florida and the Gulf Coast resorts and I have not worn a tie. Even though I buy many during the course of the holiday in the outlets I have never felt the need or desire to wear a tie.

I wear a tie and suit every day of my working life so getting out of that formality is a joy for that month each summer.

I hope I can go to this establishment and not be refused entry because of such an outmoded (Victorian ideology) dress code.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
11,355 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: victoria & alberts

Intrigued I read the TA reviews on this place and it seems although pricey it sounds VERY good.

So OK I might just put on the tie - I stand corrected.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
648 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: victoria & alberts

littlepc - I agree with the above poster about wearing a tie along with jacket. It's fine dining and this way you know you will be dressed appropriately.

Have a great trip.

SS

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: victoria & alberts

I really am intrigued by the 'feed'back I have received since I started looking into this restaurant. I have looked back through the ancient threads on TA and the biggest and best proponent of V and A is of course my old friend Endo/Voyage.

If that is the case can you tell me approximately how much you have paid in for example your last three visit to give an idea of big a tab we would be expected to pick up for two persons.

I know you will be able to help.

Thanks

Vegas

Mentioned in this post
York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: victoria & alberts

I would guess somewhere around $80 per person. I know that it sounds pricy, but I am sure that it is certainly worth the money.

Domain of...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: victoria & alberts

Bad guess.

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: victoria & alberts

No, in fact I just checked and the price ranges from $76 to 100 per person.