We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Velvet sessions - any hints and tips?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Velvet sessions - any hints and tips?

Hi!

We have booked the Lou Gramm (Foreigner lead singer) Velvet session for the last Thursday in January. Has anyone been? Any must/must not do's? Dress code? Checked on here but usually get info about red velvet cake lol!

2 sleeps til we meet up with DD & DGD in EWR, soooo excited!

Thanks

M

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Velvet sessions - any hints and tips?

I keep missing them until it is too late. I saw some of the bands they had listed as previous shows, and my mouth about dropped when I saw ABC and The Fixx. I feel better that No Member has commented that they weren't very good.

We get some good bands through here that don't go to the rip-off arena. I also saw the Dooby Brothers a few years ago for free at one of the Downtown concerts. They were very good.

I thought Modern English still sounded good. That was free.

The Psychedelic Furs sound fantastic, and that was in a tiny place called The Plaza.

If anybody is around next month, Alan Parsons is going to be at The Plaza and at The Epcot Flower and Garden (I think that is in March).

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Velvet sessions - any hints and tips?

Hi!

Went to Universal today and when we were driving in I noticed that HRH was one way and valet parking was another.... We have valet parking for the HRH so where do we head lol!?!?

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Velvet sessions - any hints and tips?

Well we should have been enjoying Lou Gramm's dulcet tones but I got an email saying he was unwell so we would be able to go along and watch a tribute band for $10 and use the Lou Gramm tickets in July when the reschedule event will take place. Eh no, unless the return flights were included, lol! Emailed them and they have everything in hand to refund the cost of the tickets. Really sad as we were looking forward to it, still.... Watching duck commander in my pink cammo onesie... with a handful of jelly belly Partaaaaay! ;))

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,126 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Velvet sessions - any hints and tips?

Well that's too bad. For future reference for anyone looking in on this post. The sign you saw would have been for valet parking for the Theme Parks/CityWalk. It's a separate entrance from the regular parking which would be in the parking garages and once parked would bring you up directly in the central rotunda where the two parking garage walkways meet before you continue down the walkway to CityWalk. The hotels would also have valet parking versus regular parking. For that you would follow the signs for the hotel, turn in, and, for valet, drive straight to the hotel building/checkin/lobby area.

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Velvet sessions - any hints and tips?

Ahhhh! It all becomes clear, thanks for that, maybe next time.......

M

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Velvet sessions - any hints and tips?

I felt bad and was trying to find something else. The next really good, small venue show looks like it is a couple of weeks away :(

Edited: 31 January 2014, 21:24
Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Velvet sessions - any hints and tips?

Aw! Thanks for that, would have loved to see something live (well apart Disney and Universal characters lol) that was very kind!

M

18. Re: Velvet sessions - any hints and tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 13:18