We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pensacola Beach in October

Saint Louis...
3 posts
Save Topic
Pensacola Beach in October

We are making a trip down to New Orleans for a few days then heading to Pensacola after that for a few days. We'll be in Pensacola October 17-20. I hear this is a great time to go in terms of the weather, but will there still be beach restaurants open at this time?

6 replies to this topic
Illinois
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pensacola Beach in October

Yes. October has become a very popular month for Pensacola Beach.

Indian Springs...
Level Contributor
278 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pensacola Beach in October

Pretty much everything will be open. It's a great fishing month on the coast, and things will be busy, particularly restaurants.

Saint Louis...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pensacola Beach in October

Great, thank you both!

Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
275 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pensacola Beach in October

I hate to mention this, but October is also a fickle month. It has the best beach conditions of the year on a given weekend. It also almost always contains the first cold snap of the year, very worthy of (Gulf coast) winter.

It's a little different living in the panhandle where I can decide on a moment's notice whether to go to the beach or take the boat out. I wouldn't recommend that my family in IL/WI come down during October though.

Just something to be aware of.

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pensacola Beach in October

Sorry to disagree with you Kilroy, but we've come to the panhandle in October for decades and it's our favorite month. We've swam in the gulf into November. As for a cold snap, it's never been more than jacket weather at the end of the month for us, usually in the evening. There are a lot of tourists on the panhandle in October these days.

Edited: 28 June 2018, 22:07
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pensacola Beach in October

Yes, everything is open year round. It is a great time to visit. Locals might find it too cold, but visitors from further north will find it perfect. And, less crowds. Some good waves and fishing.

Reply to: Pensacola Beach in October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted