We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help???

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Please help???

Good Morning! We are a family of 4. 2 adults 2 kids both girls ages 3 and 5. Taking a roadtrip from Houston to Pensacola visiting Pensacola 3 days. Please help with our planning. August 8-10, 2014

Day 1

Naval Museum

Fort Barrancas

Lighthouse-If we are unable to do so due to height requirement, where is another location that we can get great views.

Eat on Beach! Maybe Red Fish Blue Fish???? Suggestions?

Day 2

Downtown

Historic Pensacola Village

Day 3

Beach

Tubing with Unlimited Adventures or Blackwater Conroe rental

I need suggestions on what routes to take? Place for camping? Any advice please? Thanks for all your help

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help???

Going over some last minute details before we leave next week. Any suggestions/advice?

Pensacola Beach...
Level Contributor
179 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help???

All those events sound good. As for Camping, the only 2 spots I know of is an area past Ft. Pickens that has campgrounds and over in Perdido, this one site. http://perdidocove.com/

There is also camping at Black Water River where you would do the tubing.

floridastateparks.org/blackwaterriver/defaul…

As for routes to take are you talking about from Houston to Pensacola? Please elaborate.

Pensacola Beach...
Level Contributor
179 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help???

As for eating on the beach with the kids, Red Fish Blue is good for kids they have a little play area in the sand, also the Restaurant Crabs on Pensacola beach has a kiddie area too that they would love.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help???

Thank you so much. Route I was referring too were while in Pensacola to prevent zigzagging. I am trying to make the best out o our 3 days there and organize them as much as possible. I know the lighthouse, Fort Barrancas and Naval Museum are in close proximity. If I wanted to add driving along the National Seashore 399 on what day should I include this? I also contacted Blackwater River about camping so we will camp there after tubing. Do you know any other place we can view the skyline besides the Lighthouse and Ferris Wheel. Once again thank you for all your help and time. Greatly appreciated😇

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help???

Drive the Nat'l seashore on day 3 when you're already at the beach.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help???

7. Re: Please help???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 12:15