We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for young adults visiting Pensacola in August :)

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for young adults visiting Pensacola in August :)

The hubby and I will be visiting Pensacola with another couple in mid August. We will be staying at an Emerald Isle Condo. We are young adults in our late 20's and early 30's. We would like to eat good food. We'd like to spend our time by or near the beach. We are from Dallas and so anything like malls and urban places are not what we're looking for. What are some restaurants and bars that are recommended?

Thanks in advance!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
883 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Suggestions for young adults visiting Pensacola in August :)

They list their dress code as Florida Casual, whatever that is supposed to mean. Normally you would consider that to mean tee shirt, cargo shorts and sandals, at least that is what I would consider casual. The correct meaning I think is the same as Resort Casual meaning polo type shirt, khaki pants and closed toed shoes for men and nice blouse with linen type pants for the ladies. Of course this attire is what I have seen there at lunch not at dinner, so I really don't know what to tell you. My mother always taught me to dress appropriately for the occassion. Knowing that this is an upscale restaraunt by Pensacola standards, I would think that you would want to dress accordingly. I have never seen a lady or man wearing shorts at lunch or dinner. And you are very correct in saying that this place is very over rated and over priced.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Suggestions for young adults visiting Pensacola in August :)

I wear shorts to restaurants for lunch and dinner all the time so, Nic, I guess we're BOTH slobs.

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Suggestions for young adults visiting Pensacola in August :)

Lots of good info on places to eat. Thanks guys!

Pensacola, Florida
14 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Suggestions for young adults visiting Pensacola in August :)

There is a newer restaurant called Red Fish Blue Fish on the beach that is my new favorite. The fish tacos are amazing! The view is amazing! Try to grab one of the couches around the fires. Whatever you do, just enjoy your time and these gorgeous beaches.

15. Re: Suggestions for young adults visiting Pensacola in August :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 12:16