We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotonda insider tips!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rotonda insider tips!

We have now booked a villa on Marker Road in the Long Meadow area for 6 weeks from end of October to beginning of December - thanks to all for responses to my previous posts asking about the area. I am now wondering if you experts can give us some insider tips to help our visit. We are golfers and wondered if there are any membership deals that will get us the best deals on the Rotonda courses? Also ideas on good places to eat, boat trips (no holiday is complete for me without a boat trip!) maybe for fishing, and for opportunities to swim with the manatee. We did this on a previous holiday further north on the Gulf Coast and would love to have that experience again. So any tips you would be willing to share would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

7 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,362 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rotonda insider tips!

I own ther but dont know about the golf. You can check the course websites to check for deals. You'll be there in off season so you should find some deals.

Loads of local captains to take you out deep sea fishing, or you can get a license and fish from shore or a pier. There are some of these, and other boat trips like sunsets and dolphin watching at places on Beach road.

The only swimming with manatees is up near Crystal river north of tampa (where you went before). You can see manatees in the gulf or marinas, or if it gets cool/cold you can go to the Manatee viewing center at the TECO power plant in Apollo beach.

Restaurants. I like Lock and Key on manasota key. Sandbar is OK too. Waverlys has just changed hands, not sure if it is as good as before. And I used to always go the restaurant at Stump Pass Marina not too far from RW. It changed hands over a eyar ago too, and not sure i like it as much but we still go there.

Other options locally incl Farlows on t he water.

Mentioned in this post
Manatee Park
Manatee Park
1,832 Reviews
Fort Myers, FL
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rotonda insider tips!

Thank you so much - this is really helpful. We are really looking forward to our trip!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,362 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rotonda insider tips!

Just PM me if you have more questions about the area, or nearby areas etc.

tallahassee
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rotonda insider tips!

Once you arrive the local food store will have the Englewood Review paper. It's free. Take time to find. In there golf specials will be advertised. Look at Golfnow.com. once you arrive.

Not fancy, more a very much dive restaurant, you can order fresh cod for dinner. Grilled or fried. A very nice piece of cod. As fresh as this area offers. You should look at reviews before going.

Not like swimming with manatee Lemon Bay Cruise is an enjoyable trip. Simply a boat ride to enjoy area. Would also look at reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Englewood
Englewood
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
tallahassee
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rotonda insider tips!

Cafe 776 to review.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rotonda insider tips!

Thanks jellyfish - much appreciated. Roll on October!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,362 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rotonda insider tips!

Yes do roill on october- I am arriving then too! But leave after Thanksgiving.

Reply to: Rotonda insider tips!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rotonda West
Recent Conversations